Zip-free sleeping bag named outdoor product of the year
A zipperless sleeping bag has been named the outdoor Product Of The Year for 2021.
The Sierra Designs Night Cap took the top prize in the UK Outdoor Industry Awards after judges praised its “innovative, versatile and eco-conscious design”.
The Night Cap (£50) has an integrated oversized blanket, a self-sealing foot vent and is made from fabric created with recycled plastic bottles.
It was also named as sleeping product of the year in the OIA awards, which were announced at the Outdoor Trade Show.
More than 2,000 outdoor enthusiasts voted for their favourite product in each category, and the winners were then decided by a panel of outdoor industry experts.
Innovation, functionality, choice of materials, environmental friendliness, safety and commercial viability were used by the judges to decide on the winners.
The full list of winners in each of the categories is:
• Tents - Robens Chinook Ursa S
• Camping Equipment - Vango Radiate DLX camping chair
• Family - Keela Puddlebug Suit
• Footwear - Craghoppers Locke Packaway outdoor shoe
• Sleeping - Sierra Designs Night Cap
• Clothing - Helly Hansen Odin 9 Worlds Infinity Shell Jacket
• Backpacks/Travel Luggage - Osprey Talon Pro 30 backpack
• Accessories - Petzl IKO CORE head lamp
• Climbing - Petzl Switch System
Want more great camping equipment information?
Our "Buying camping equipment: How to choose the right gear for you" is full of great kit buying advice.