Camping Magazine Awards winners revealed
Outwell’s Montana 6 was declared Tent of the Year 2011 as well as winning the Family Tent Category. This six person tunnel tent (RRP £619.99) is easy to pitch and has plenty of space for the whole family. Combine this with the popularity of an iconic tent, and the judges knew they had a winner.
The other big winner for 2011 was the Sea to Summit Ultra Sil Rucksack, coming out on top in both Best Buy and Rucksack categories. Priced at just £18.49, this 20-litre rucksack stands out for its strength and durability along with its ability to pack down to the size of a keyring.
Created in 2010, and judged by a panel of Camping readers and top outdoor journalists, the awards were created to recognise the hard work and innovation that goes into improving the camping experience.
Millet’s Marketing Director, Cameron March, says: “It’s great to see so many inspirational brands being recognised for their hard work and innovation developing fantastic products. Camping looks even better for 2011 – what a great start to the season!”
The full list of Camping Magazine Awards 2011 Highly Commended and Winners are to be announced in the March 2011 issue of Camping, on sale 3 February 2011.
- Tent of the Year 2011 – Outwell Montana 6
- Best Buy 2011 – Sea to Summit Ultra Sil Rucksack
- Family Tent Category – Outwell Montana 6
- Touring Tent (Small Family) Category – Outwell Nevada M
- Lightweight Tent Category – Wild Country Aspect 3
- Backpacking Tent Category – Vaude Power Lizard UL
- Folding Camper and Trailer Tent Category – Camp-let Concorde
- Furniture Category – Gelert Milldale Compact Steel Executive Chair
- Sleeping Bags and Beds – Coleman Hampton 220
- Kitchen Category – Campingaz Fargo
- Rucksack Category – Sea to Summit Ultra Sil Rucksack
- Accessories Category – Nylon Delta Peg
- Footwear Category – Crocs Classic
- Jacket Category – Paramo Cascada
- Clothes Category – Craghopper NosiLife Long Sleeve Shirt