High-Top Van Conversion
And the winner is...
... the Adria Twin SLX
See why the Adria Twin SLX won our judges over in the video review:
Based on one of Europe’s most popular high-top layouts, the Adria Twin SLX takes advantage of the longest Fiat Ducato panel van, measuring 6.36m.
- The extra length allows twin single beds to be installed in the rear, where the original SP model has just a transverse double.
- Up front, Fiat’s Ducato provides 130 horsepower, so there’s plenty of performance. Swivelling cab seats face a good-sized lounge.
- The table has an extension that makes dining for four people comfortable.
- The kitchen has a deep sink (with worktop cover), some excellent large drawers, a slide-out worktop and an easy-access high-level fridge.
- The bathroom’s clever design successfully separates the SLX from lesser rivals.
Winner: Adria Twin SLX
Runner-up: Globecar Vario 545
The Vario 545 probably packs more into Fiat’s medium wheelbase van than any other conversion. Good-sized lounge, well-equipped kitchen, washroom with shower and four berths are all included. And this is a genuine family-friendly motorhome too, as across-the-rear bunks will see the kids tucked up in a fun-to-sleep-in space.