New roof design for campervans
VW campervan convertor, Jerba Campervans, will unveil its new VW T5 and T6 elevating roof design at this year’s Motorhome & Caravan Show at the NEC in Birmingham, from 13-18 October.
The new design includes a fully removable roof canvas, making it extremely simple for a customer to repair, wash, treat, dry or even replace. There is no need for a specialist converter to get involved, thereby saving the owner time and money.
The new elevating roof features include:
- Fully unzippable - a watertight zip manufactured by global market-leader YKK, has been used to allow the removal of the full canvas, or just to unzip the front section to let in the sun.
- Condensation-free interior - the use of high specification 100% cotton Ventile material, allows full breathability but also provides water tightness, windproofing and durability.
- 100kg carrying capacity – when closed, the roof is now even stronger making it ideal for carrying kayaks, canoes or just extra gear.
- Higher-specification gas struts - Jerba’s new roof design uses stronger struts and far greater durability, preventing hydraulic oil leakage as well as wear and tear.
- The roof is gently curved in a concave shape in order to shed rainwater and prevent puddles forming on the top of the van.
- The fibre glass construction has a maximum height of two metres and a fixed nose cone design which reduces wind noise.
Simon Poole, founder and Managing Director of Jerba Campervans, said, “On a typical VW T5 and T6 campervan replacing an elevating roof canvas is a job that can only be undertaken by a specialist converter and would typically mean a bill for a full day of expensive workshop time. In order for customers to avoid this expense and hassle we’ve developed a design that lets them remove and replace their canvas very simply at home in less than ten minutes.
“We’ve taken considerable time to ensure that our elevating roof design is of the highest possible quality, sourcing materials from global market leaders and ensuring that it is as easy as possible for owners to use.”
Located in North Berwick, East Lothian, Jerba Campervans is the only Scottish company which is registered with Volkswagen as an official bodywork converter of the Transporter T6 and T5 into campervan conversions. Jerba will be located at stand 11-55 from 9am on Tuesday 13 October 2015.