Learn photography and mountain skills in Eden
A new holiday experience in Cumbria’s stunning Eden is providing a new means for visitors to achieve a focus on a sustainable stay.Out There People has created a leisure learning Mountain Landscape Photography course that offers the glory of Eden’s mountain landscapes combined with two-days of photography amidst this unique scenery.
- An Out There People mountain leader escorts photography enthusiasts into the mountains around Ullswater
- Spend two full days exploring and discovering vantage points and locations that would be inaccessible to most people
- Early and late starts are scheduled to enable participants to capture the glory of the mountains at sunrise and sunset, when ‘golden hour’ light spectacularly illuminates the landscape
- Skills taught during the Mountain Landscape Photography experience include composition, lighting, use of filters, control of exposure for artistic benefit and advanced techniques such as low-light photography and exposing to the right
- Backing this is expert instruction in how to cope safely in mountain environments and explore sensibly. The mountain exploration and photographic elements are interwoven in various ways, including route planning and using the map to help schedule fabulous shots
Participants need reasonable fitness levels, as 7-8 hours on each of the two days are spent in the mountains. They also need a basic understanding of their own digital SLR camera, which they need to bring on the course along with suitable clothing and kit.
The experience costs £229 per person, while partners can accompany the photographer for the exploration elements for £50.
This price includes the course fee, course notes and a 12-month period in which to have e-mail questions answered by the tutor after the course has ended.
Details of how to book can be found at www.outtherepeople.co.uk
Find a nearby campsite to pitch your motorhome on our Campstie Finder