Camping and Caravanning Club extends winter opening dates for more campsites
Even more Camping and Caravanning Club campsites will be open for motorhomers making the most of winter this year. Ten club sites will stay open until early January, while 16 more are open all year round.
Darren Whittington, Director of Operations, said: “More club members are choosing to camp later in the year and we are extending our site opening periods to accommodate this.
Many sites will be holding special events to celebrate seasonal festivities. For example, mulled wine and mince pies will be served on Christmas Eve at both the Blackmore and Boroughbridge sites. There will be Halloween events at Winchcombe and Blackmore including treasure hunts, pitch decoration competitions and fancy dress.
The Club also has several sites close to Christmas markets that are perfect for a mid-winter break and shopping for gifts, such as Salisbury, Canterbury and Oxford.
Camping in the Forest has four sites open all year: Bracelands (Forest of Dean), Setthorns (New Forest), Glenmore (Cairngorms National Park) and Postern Hill (Savernake Forest).
The following sites are open throughout the year:
- Blackmore, Worcestershire
- Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire
- Canterbury, Kent
- Chertsey, Surrey
- Conkers, Derbyshire
- Delamere Forest, Cheshire
- Devizes, Wiltshire
- Hertford, Hertfordshire
- Keswick, Cumbria
- Kingsbury Water Park, West Midlands
- Loch Ness Shores, Scotland
- Moffat, Scotland
- Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Tavistock, Devon
- Teversal, Nottinghamshire
- Theobalds Park, Hertfordshire
- Club Sites with extended opening include:
- Bellingham, Northumberland: Closes 5 January 2020
- Braithwaite Fold, Lake District: Closes 2 January 2020
- Cheddar, Somerset: Closes 5 January 2020
- Derwentwater, Lake District: Closes 2 January 2020
- Polstead, Suffolk: Closes 6 January 2020
- Salisbury, Wiltshire: Closes 3 January 2020
- Sandringham, Norfolk: Closes 6 January 2020
- Scone, Perthshire: Closes 2 January 2020
- Winchcombe, Gloucestershire: Closes 6 January 2020
- Windermere, Lake District: Closes 14 January 2020