How to contribute an article to Camping magazine
Read the information below then send your reviews to [email protected] or [email protected]
Here are some guidelines on what information we need you to include in your reviews.
FOR CAMPSITE REVIEWS, WE NEED...
A 200 word personal review of the site that should contain:
- Why you visited
- A description of the site and its location
- What there is to do nearby
- Who it would appeal to (eg families, couples, backpackers etc)
- What you especially like about it
- Anything that would improve the site
- Whether you’d recommend it to others
A selection of 4-6 photos of the site, including two of the camping field and others showing facilities eg shop, play area, amenities etc
A picture of you
Other information we need:
- Campsite address
- Charges per night
- Outline of facilties*
*FACILITIES (Delete as appropriate)
- Toilet block
- Washing-up area
- Parent & baby washroom
- Disabled facilities
- Bar/club house
- Evening entertainment
- Take away
- Play area
- Games room
- Indoor swimming pool
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Wi-Fi available
- Electric hook-up for tents
- Dogs allowed?
Brief outline of how to get there by car/public transport (bus or train)
- Food/drink – local pub/restaurant (inc address)
- Shops – Nearest supermarket/convenience store
- Three nearby places worth visiting
As well as appearing in the print edition of the magazine, reviews may also be used on our website.
We will pay a small fee for each readers’ campsite review chosen for publication
WRITING GENERAL FEATURES
Camping is Britain’s only magazine devoted to life under canvas. It’s written by campers for campers and we’d love you to join the ever-growing band of readers whose articles have appeared in the magazine.
We want to hear about your favourite tents, gear, recipes and top tips. Or you could simply share your own camping story.
Each of these articles should be between 250 and 400 words long. Please remember to include high-resolution photographs to illustrate your article, preferably showing you and your family out there enjoying yourselves.
* We’d also love to see some nostalgic pictures of how you used to camp – get the old photo albums out and share those holiday snaps (and fashion disasters!) from the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s.
* If you have any burning questions about camping you’d like answered – whether it’s about electric hook-ups, using the right gas, towing a trailer etc – send them to us and we’ll put them to our experts.
* Letters to the editor can also be sent at any time as well as photographs for our Picture Perfect feature.
Please send your articles, letters, questions and pictures to me at [email protected]. If you’d prefer to send your article through the post, the address is:
Camping Magazine, Warners Group Publications, West Street, Bourne, Lincolnshire, PE10 9PH
If you’d like some more advice about writing an article please contact the editor at [email protected]