Camping disasters caught on video
Camping, as we all know is great fun for all the family, but as these videos show, sometimes things don’t go quite to plan. Bad weather, wandering wildlife, excess alcohol – and sometimes a combination of all three – can turn any trip into a disaster. Here are ten examples of what to avoid on your next camping holiday.
1. It’s just possible that these chaps had enjoyed a couple of vodkas before trying to put their tent up!
2. Really hope there was no-one inside this tent at the Oxygen festival.
3. Why did the tent cross the road? Not sure, but his friends certainly thought it was funny.
4. Is it a bird, is it a plane. No, it's a tent.
5. This is one camping trip that certainly went with a bang. Please don’t try this at home. . . or on the campsite.
6. Don’t know how this spectacular blaze at a campsite in Northumberland started, but it’s a reminder of what can happen if you cook inside your tent.
7. Midges can make any camping trip to Scotland a misery. Defiance is the only way to deal with them. “Come and get me!”
8. Proof, if it was required, that it’s essential to have the right car for the right job.
9. Camping essentials No 1. Don’t forget your tent poles.
10. I’m not sure that the wooden tent will ever catch on. And the proximity to that campfire is definitely not a good idea.