X Hose-New Hose Pipe?

Mike B.

But so far as I can make out, it only extends when there's a buildup of pressure of water inside it.

If you are using to it to fill a motorhome freshwater tank, you're surely not going to have a fitting on the exit end of the pipe to force the water pressure in the pipe to build up.............if water flows through it unhindered then I guess it thus won't expand.

Helluva cost for just a hosepipe too!

Think I'll stick with my basic el-cheapo, green B & Q hosepipe lengths.

Seen them advertised and seem quite good, are they OK for filling fresh water tank.

Iv,e heard with other hose pipes they are food quality but is there really a difference or will it make any difference for the short time it runs through the hose. Having said that I realized I,Ve been using a garden hose type for years to fill up at home before a journey. On the van I,ve got one of those lay flat hoses but springs pin hole leaks after a couple of years use.

Yeah-suppose you do need pressure to make it work-never thought of that! Just thought it looked impressive. Trust Fleetwood market to have 'em!

Think I'll stick with my cheapo coily pipe-it's been ok for past 10 years so why fix what isn't broke?

As for food quality hose-this in my opinion is a load of rubbish! We never drink water from the tanks and if it's used for cooking it's always boiled so what's the point in food quality? Think it's another of these well you know.......... etc stories to get us to buy expensive pipes. Wonder if these blue pipes that are stuck up in fields with a tap on the end are food quality? *-)

Mike

PS-been in Hungary for 2 months drinking tap water and still alive! (lol)

Relatives living in Philadelphia came over at Christmas and brought me one, 50 feet long and only cost $19:88 from Walmart in the states, $19:88 = £13:02 approx. RIP OFF BRITAIN !! but they are a good piece of kit, when closed up will fit in your pocket and when connected and water turned on will extend to 50 feet, without any annoying kinks stopping water flow.

Regards

Phydaux

Archived