10 sites to visit while staying at The Scottish Motorhome & Campervan Show 2020
For the first time in Warners history, this July we are launching a brand new show in Edinburgh, Scotland.
The show will take place at the famous Royal Highland Centre, just outside Edinburgh City Centre.
One of the great benefits of the site is that The Royal Highland Centre is just 8 miles from Edinburgh City Centre, but you can leave your motorhome on-site because the tram only takes 30 minutes. The nearest tram stop is Ingliston Park & Ride. Trams run every 3 minutes with an adult day return costing £3.20
It is a 15 minute walk to the tram stop but it is a busy road so on Saturday 4th July we will be offering a shuttle service to the Park & Ride. Cost £1.50
We have put together a list of ten must-see sites campers could visit during your stay with us.
- Edinburgh Castle – The mighty fortress of Edinburgh Castle towers over the city on a rock formed as a result of millennia of glacial erosion.
- National Museum of Scotland – This unmissable museum comprises of two contrasting buildings: a Victorian palace made of iron and glass plus a modern sandstone fortress.
- Royal Mile – Linking Edinburgh Castle and the Palace of Holyroodhouse, lined with charming townhouses, churches and historical landmarks, this is a place to stroll for its shops, inns, museums, cafes and restaurants.
- Murrayfield Stadium – Take a stadium tour of the home of Scottish rugby.
- The Real Mary King’s Close – Travel under Edinburgh into a maze of subterranean streets and closes from the 16th through 19th centuries
- The Scotch Whisky Experience – Let the whisky gurus reveal all there is to know about Scotland’s national tipple.
- John Knox House – Dating back to the late 15th Century, this wonderful old timbered house is the only one left of its type on the Royal Mile.
- Palace of Holyroodhouse – Visit the Queen’s official residence in Scotland.
- Calton Hill and the Scottish National Monument – The ideal place to take in the whole city with its panoramic views.
- The Edinburgh Dungeon – With immersive actor-led shows, state of the art special effects, this is a must-visit for anyone fascinated with the darker side of the city.
To join us in Edinburgh for what is going to be a great weekend away camping in July (2nd-6th) book online from as little as £53 per pitch!