The Springs - Natural Beauty
The homes are sited in pockets with wildlife corridors, all services are under-ground and 90 per cent of the roads are gravel. The lakeside clubhouse, Bill’s Lodge, is been built in wood with decking beside an 8-acre lake, and sits sympathetically in its environment.
The park is open ten months and has a manager and resident staff all year. In addition to the clubhouse bar (with games), there is an indoor heated pool.
Home owners enjoy private fishing and water sports on the lakes. As there is no hire fleet or touring park, and sub-letting is not permitted, they feel secure in their peaceful holiday hideaway.
The Springs is in the village of Lower Moor, with fine views over the River Avon towards Bredon Hill. The nearest town is Pershore, but Evesham and Worcester are both within easy reach. The Malvern Hills, Elgar country and the Cotswolds are also close by.
Potential buyers are welcome to visit the park at any time. Just call at reception and then explore at your leisure. But if you want to be sure to speak to someone, phone in advance.
At the time of writing, caravan holiday homes available ranged from a 2010 Swift Bordeaux 35x12 2 bed at £35,715 to a 2009 Willerby Aspen 37x12 2 bed at £47,257. Lodges ranged from a 2010 Aurora 42x12 2 bed at £70,450 to a 2010 Omar Kingfisher at £120,842; the Park Special was an Advent Tarragon Opus 47x20 2 bed, £89,950. Pre-owned homes ranged from a Willerby Aspen 37x12 2 bed at £29,950 to a Wessex Milbourne lodge 36x20 2 bed at £87,500.
• Local amenities: Shops, banks, supermarket and other services can be found in Pershore (2 miles)
• Health: GP, dentist, opticians and pharmacies are also in Pershor, and there is a hospital with A&E in Worcester (8.5 miles).
• Transport: The nearest station is Pershore, on the Worcester-Evesham-Oxford-London line. Buses can be picked up nearby on the A44 to Pershore, Evesham and Worcester.
• Food & drink: Clubhouse bar on site; the Old Chestnut Tree pub is in Lower Moor, less than half a mile, and there are two other pubs in Fladbury, less than a mile. Restaurants and takeaways in Pershore.
• Entertainment: There are cinemas and theatres in Wor-cester (10 miles) and Malvern (13 miles), and a theatre also in Evesham. Leisure centres in Pershore and Evesham. Golf course about 4 miles away.
WHAT CAN I DO AROUND HERE?
Climb the hill – Bredon Hill, with its summit tower, Parson’s Folly – which takes the height from 981ft to 1,000ft – and the remains of earthwork from an Iron Age hill fort, is an important conservation area and nature reserve.
Capability’s debut – Croome Park was the first complete landscape by Capability Brown, and Croome Court mansion, under restoration, is one of his rare architectural works. The park has buildings by Robert Adams among others.
The Springs, Salters Lane, Lower Moor, Pershore, Worcestershire WR10 2PD. Tel: 01386 861851. Email: [email protected]. Web: www.allenscaravans.com
• Lodges from £35,715
• Open 10 months (early March to
• 225 pitches, caravan holiday homes and lodges
• No fixed licence term
• Mains gas and electricity
• Dogs permitted
This feature was published in the October 2010 issue of Park & Holiday Homes. To order your copy please click here