22/04/2021 Share this story Share on Facebook icon Share on Twitter icon Share on Pinterest icon Share on Google Plus icon Share on Linked In icon Share via Email icon

The importance of breakdown cover for motorhomes, campervans and caravans


Advertisement feature


It's a question many motorhome, campervan and caravan owners will have asked themselves: do you really need specialist breakdown cover for your leisure vehicle of choice? Isn't your existing breakdown cover enough?

Well, maybe not.

Not all breakdown cover is created equally, and it may be time to check the small print of yours – especially this year, when so many of us have waited so long to book and enjoy that motorhome, campervan or caravan holiday.

You may find, for example, that you're not fully covered if there is a problem with your caravan, or that you can't continue your trip if your towing vehicle needs to go to a garage.

You may not be aware, but many standard car breakdown policies have size and weight restrictions specified in the terms and conditions.

So, you really do need to check that your leisure vehicle is covered, and that your provider has the specialist equipment needed to support larger vehicles, if the worst happens and you suffer a breakdown.

This is where Arrival Breakdown Cover from the RAC is different. Designed in partnership with The Camping and Caravanning Club, it's specificially for those who tow and tour.

This means there are no size restrictions to worry about, and your motorhome, campervan or caravan will be covered along with your car. 

In fact, when you choose Personal Breakdown Cover, you're covered as a driver or a passenger in any vehicle you're driving or towing. So Arrival will be the only breakdown cover you'll need this summer.

Go here to join Arrival today.




The Camping and Caravanning Club Ltd is an introducer appointed representative of RAC Financial Services. Breakdown cover arranged and administered by RAC Financial Services Limited (Registered No 05171817) and provided by RAC Motoring Services (Registered No 01424399) and/or RAC Insurance Ltd (Registered No 2355834). Registered in England and Wales; Registered Offices: RAC House, Brockhurst Crescent, Walsall WS5 4AW. RAC Motoring Services and RAC Financial Services Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. RAC Insurance Ltd is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.


22/04/2021 Share this story Share on Facebook icon Share on Twitter icon Share on Pinterest icon Share on Google Plus icon Share on Linked In icon Share via Email icon

Recent Updates

The latest issue of What Motorhome magazine, is available to download and read via Pocketmags or Exact Editions today! ...

Campers warned about overhead power line dangers

Electricity providers have issued a safety warning for campers using pop-up campsites ...

Miriad Products acquires Quest Leisure Products

Outdoor and leisure product supplier to the caravan, motorhome and camping industry, Miriad Products buys ...

Share your campervan stories to win a prize from Outdoor Revolution!

Share your campervan stories to win two Outdoor Revolution Lucca Air Mesh Chairs! ...

Other News

A Caravan and Motorhome Club choir group is looking for a pianist to accompany them for weekend rally rehearsals and performances ...

You can now download the August issue of Campervan

Don't miss the August 2021 issue of Campervan magazine, available to read via Exact Editions or Pocketmags ...

Fjällräven introduces new version of a classic rucksack

The Swedish outdoor brand has launched an update of its iconic Kånken backpack ...

VW campervan sales up over 600%

VW has announced that is has seen a 621% year on year rise in finance for its California campervans ...