Mercedes introduces the Marco Polo smart camper
Mercedes Benz is introducing its MBAC (Mercedes Benz Advanced Control) interface as a standard feature to its Marco Polo campervans this year. This will allow owners to control functions like lights and heating from a smartphone.
You will get a 10.25in touchscreen central display in the cab and, when mated to a smart phone app, there's a whole host of functions at your fingertips:
- Check the tank levels - both fresh water and grey water
- Check leisure battery voltage
- Control the blown-air heater with timers and a night-time setting
- Set the temperature of the fridge/coolbox
- Raise and lower the electric pop-up roof
- Open and close the electric sunroof
- Play with the settings of the sound system (including bass and more)
- Adjust the brightness and colour temperature of the interior lights, including the ambient ones
You will also be able to take advantage of the Mercedes me connect services. The free elements of this include maintenance management, accident recovery and breakdown management, telediagnostics and remote vehicle diagnostics. You could then opt for other services, including vehicle monitoring/tracking, navigation and in-vehicle internet.
Another new feature of the Marco Polo is the option of a Premium Sport Package for the exterior, with chrome details on the bumpers and five-spoke 18in alloys, as well as Mercedes Benz branding on the brake callipers and sports suspension.