Latest French motorhome stopover guide launched
The 2019 France Passion guide to free French motorhome stopovers, now in its 27th edition, is now available to buy.
The guide is part of an annual membership offering motorhome owners access to over 2,000 safe stopovers all over rural France, with 200 new locations added this year. These sites include farmers, winegrowers and artisans, generally keen to show off their wares. This guide will be valid form 1 March, 2019 to 12 April, 2020.
This unique agritourism concept allows motorhome owners to discover a different France and encourages them to support the local economy and its gastronomic and cultural treasures.
To ensure the best stopover experience, France Passion has the following tips:
- Do not call ahead to reserve a site, unless the guide requests it
- Respect arrival time limits and closed periods
- Always arrive before nightfall and be aware that in exceptional circumstances it may not be possible for you to stay
- Greet yours hosts on arrival, showing your guest card (included with the guide)
- Be appreciative of your host's products, in exchange for a warm welcome and safe stopover. There is no obligation to buy.
- Avoid all pollution (take your rubbish with you) and leave the site clean
- Ask for permission to let your dogs out or use any offered facilities
- Always thanks your hosts and tell them you are leaving (if they are bust or absent, they will appreciate a thank you note)
The guide is available online priced €30 from the publisher or around £26 from Vicarious Media, a specialist UK bookshop.