Green motorhomers should head to Eden
Motorhomers looking to minismise their negative impacts on the environment, can take their planetary guidance from Nurture Eden and its Pitch-Hiker’s Guide to Eden’s Green Galaxy.Nurture Eden is aiming to make Eden, in east Cumbria, a top class responsible tourism destination and is assembling a cluster group of like-minded, sustainability-focused businesses that wish to be part of its ‘Green Eden’ vision.
Campsites, caravan and motorhome parks and providers of unique al fresco accommodation are already members of Nurture Eden and looking forward to welcoming eco-friendly campers and caravanners this summer and autumn.
The five sites currently affiliated are:
• The Waterside House Campsite on the northern shore of Ullswater
• The Waterfoot Caravan Park, also located on Ullswater
• The Summer House at Brampton Mill near Appleby
• Shap, on Wainwright’s Coast-to-Coast walk and the Westmorland Way
• Drybeck Farm, Armathwaite
Details of all five members, and many more, can be found at www.agreeneden.org by those wishing to visit a stunning part of England, with as light a tourism impact as possible.