Caravan and Motorhome Club announces Design Award winners
The results of the twenty-first Caravan and Motorhome Club’s Motorhome and Campervan Design Awards have been announced.
The Motorhome and Campervan Design Competition saw the largest ever entry, 132 vehicles, 38 of which were in the dealer special categories. A dealer special is a motorhome that is badged and named differently to the manufacturer’s model and is only available to purchase new through the dealer, or network of dealers, and is not available from the manufacturer direct.
Vehicles were assessed by an independent panel of judges who assessed criteria including electrics and safety, comfort, kitchen/washrooms, air conditioning, heating and ventilation systems, technical aspects and stowage. Although the judges did not drive the vehicles, the scoring of the vehicles still evaluated driving elements such as seating positions, handbrake positions, visibility, safety whilst travelling in habitation area, front seat comfort and driver ergonomics.
Grenville Chamberlain OBE, Chairman of the Caravan and Motorhome Club, who announced the results commented: “Our thanks go to the industry for their continued support of this event. The data gathered from this competition provides an invaluable source of information for consumers looking to buy a motorhome or campervan…Huge congratulations to all the worthy winners.”
The winners are:
- Campervan under £47,000: Ventura VR200 from Ventura Campervans
- Campervan over £47,000: Volkswagen VTA 20/20 Vision from VisionTech Automotive
- Van Conversion under £50,000: Elddis Autoquest CV20 from Erwin Hymer Group UK
- Van Conversion £55,000 to £65,000: Citroën Relay Pulsar from WildAx
- Van Conversion £55,000 to £65,000: Leisure Treka EB from Moto Trek
- Van Conversion over £65,000: Mercedes-Benz Rebel Slide Twin 4x4 from RP Motorhomes
- Campervan or Van Conversion Dealer Special: Elddis Peugeot Prestige CV20 from Vehicles for Leisure
- Coachbuilt Motorhome under £50,000: Swift Edge 412
- Coachbuilt Motorhome £50,000 to £55,000: Bailey Alliance Silver Edition 66-2
- Coachbuilt Motorhome £55,000 to £60,000: Bailey Autograph 69-2
- Coachbuilt Motorhome from £60,000 to £75,000: Auto-Sleepers Nuevo EK
- Coachbuilt Motorhome over £75,000: Swift Kon-Tiki 675
- A-class Motorhome under £90,000: Mobilvetta Tekno Line K Yacht 79 from Marquis Motorhomes
- A-class Motorhome over £90,000: Frankia Mercedes-Benz i8400 Platin Plus from SMC Motorhomes
- Two-berth Dealer Special Motorhome: Elddis Peugeot Prestige 120 from Vehicles for Leisure
- Three-to-four-berth Dealer Special Motorhome: Swift Kon-Tiki Sport Grand Prix 599L from Lowdhams Leisureworld
- Over Four-berth Dealer Special Motorhome: Swift Lon-Tiki Sport Grand Prix 596 from Lowdhams Leisureworld.
Congraulations to all of the winners!