High-Top Van Conversion
And the winner is...
... the Knaus BoxLife 600
The extremely worthy winner of this category, Knaus Boxlife 600, is based on one of the most common and popular high-top designs in Europe. But it then enters territory that’s very new, with great lumps of both innovation and practicality thrown into the mix.
- Fiat’s long wheelbase panel van fitted with a front Euro lounge, centre kitchen and washroom, with transverse double bed in the rear.
- The layout is very popular for several reasons, with the main reason to buy, the fixed bed in the rear, which also offers cavernous storage beneath that’s great for stowing all your holiday kit.
- Fit and finish is excellent, decor quite modern and not a little funky, while materials add a quality feel to the whole.
- The ablutions department is conventional, but nonetheless well designed and functional, with swivel loo wet-room shower and decent amounts of surface to put things down.
- Where this ‘van really departs from the norm is in the bedroom, or in this case bedrooms as the Boxlife 600 can be a full-blown four berth. The rear double’s talents lie in its ability to provide flexible storage space at the touch of a button. It’s suspended on cables and can be raised or lowered to give more or less storage in the area beneath.
Winner: Knaus BoxLife 600
The Highly Commended awards go to the...
Auto-Trail V-Line 635SE, Hymercar Ayers Rock, Westfalia Amundsen 600E