And the winner is...
... the Rimor Koala Elite 722
See why the Rimor Koala Elite 722 won our judges over to win Family Motorhome of the Year
A great family motorhome should be spacious in all areas, offer great facilities, plenty of stowage, good payload, enough belted seats and finally, given mums’ and dads’ stretched budgets, super value. Here, those boxes are ticked big-time, with a really spacious feeling in the living area. Italian Rimor has been away from the these shores for a while, but now it’s back, imported by enthusiastic dealer, Motorhomes and Caravans, based in Hull.
- Cab kit is good, with Bluetooth equipped radio/CD player,(with steering wheel-mounted controls) and twin airbags. Things you might not expect at this price point are cruise control and stop-start, but both are standard.
- There’s a very roomy garage in this ‘van’s rump, with plenty of room for all the family’s holiday clutter.
- There's a three-burner hob, oven, stainless steel sink with metal tap, decent-sized fridge, a pull-out larder unit, big lockers above. This galley is pretty good, and the final cook-worthy feature is plenty of worktop.
- It’s all about the kids of course, so it’s great to discover that the washroom is equipped with a separate shower big enough to hose down muddy, sandy little darlings.
- The lounge diner gets a big folding table, while above the cab, the luton double bed is spacious and airy. At the other end there’s a second big double and again, the open nature of the layout makes this one feel delightfully unenclosed too.
Winner: Rimor Koala Elite 722
The Highly Commended award goes to the...
Adria Coral XL Plus 670DK, Rimor Katamarano 9, Roller Team Auto-Roller 707