Campsites are often located in areas where TV signal can be patchy, which makes keeping up with your favourite soap, staying up to date with the news or catching the local weather forecast tricky. Satellite TV is a popular option for many motorhomers, as these transmissions serve a much larger geographic area. Maxview, celebrating its fifty-fifth anniversary this year, makes an extensive range of roof mounted and portable satellite systems which are available with various options to suit your travelling requirements.
Portable systems are ideal if you have limited space on your vehicle roof. They also have a lower set up cost (for those with smaller budgets) and no permanent installation is required. You will however need to factor in the space need to stow this system away when not in use.
The Maxview Precision is a British made tripod mounted manual satellite system used to receive satellite TV and radio channels in the UK and parts of Europe. It has been designed to simplify the assembly and alignment process for effortless use.
With a Twin LNB feature it is ideal for linking either two satellite receivers, PVRs or Sky Plus (note LNB can be upgraded for use with SKY Q). Other features include:
- Integrated sat finder
- Taller than other systems for improved obstacle clearance
- Pre-assembled for easy set up
- Easy adjust manual skew system
- Provides audio and visual indication of signal strength and proximity to satellites, overcoming the need to view a TV during the alignment process
- Elevation adjustment
- Allows the user to accurately set the antenna elevation within 1 degree of accuracy
- The azimuth search zone is limited to 75 degrees, reducing margin for error when searching for satellites
- High quality, durable and robust construction
- Designed and tested for outdoor use
- Two-year guarantee
- Weight 6.1kg
The kit comes with a tripod stand, 10m of flexible cable, compass, two storage bags, ground pegs and elevation map and instructions.