Weather in Spain

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

Having a slow drive down through France, stopped at Vendome weather quite warm and dry and no jackets needed. Further South colder it gets. Biarittz rained more or less all day and cold. Now in Zaragoza really cold and windy. What's it like further South??

SUE

We have been in Benidorm for over two weeks and have had sun every day and just a shower in the middle of one night. Not too warm at present so only about 14C expected for tomorrow but should be back to 19 on Saturday. Quite cold at night but no frost as yet. Not much wind here but it is more sheltered than Calpe if you are going there.

Guest pelmetman
JamesFrance - 2013-01-02 8:37 PM

We have been in Benidorm for over two weeks and have had sun every day and just a shower in the middle of one night. Not too warm at present so only about 14C expected for tomorrow but should be back to 19 on Saturday. Quite cold at night but no frost as yet. Not much wind here but it is more sheltered than Calpe if you are going there.

Thanks for the update James ;-)............heading further South......... thinking of camping Kiko next ;-).....................................well glad of the low voltage heating the FIL installed 8-).......

Guest pelmetman
T8LEY - 2013-01-03 11:00 PM

Not worth coming to Calpe anyway Dave. Looks like the German bar on the prom has shut for the winter. What a disaster, no Sunday roasts.

8-) 8-).............Well not getting there til Feb ;-)..............just arrived at camping Lo Monte :D...........considering its only been open since 2011 they're extending it already, and its packed 8-)

PS..............the suns been shinning all day B-)

Guest pelmetman
JudgeMental - 2013-01-04 7:30 PM

the sun was shining strongly in london the other day...its temps we need........ facts!

There you go Eddie, a picture attached of my Ebay 50's barometer and temp gauge......68 f at 1030am of our first morning on site..........and set to......"Very Dry" B-)

P1000488.JPG.2ef155d75bca5451734f2d26041358f6.JPG

Not worth coming to Calpe anyway Dave. Looks like the German bar on the prom has shut for the winter. What a disaster, no Sunday roasts.

Hi, I'm leaving these shores on the 30th of January and tootling down from Calais to Spain for 3-4 months. I intended doing this last year but only got as far as Alet Les Bains and spent a couple of months there and a few weeks around Les Bacares. This year I shall definitely make it to Spain. My question is what is it like in Calpe and how much are you paying on the campsite?

Guest pelmetman
al1 - 2013-01-08 4:53 PM

Hi, I'm leaving these shores on the 30th of January and tootling down from Calais to Spain for 3-4 months. I intended doing this last year but only got as far as Alet Les Bains and spent a couple of months there and a few weeks around Les Bacares. This year I shall definitely make it to Spain. My question is what is it like in Calpe and how much are you paying on the campsite?

16 euro's a day at Calpemar with ACIS might need to book though as its always been pretty full when we've stayed.........the other campsite does deals for longer stay's........I think the Odessa aire is about 10 euro's a day :-S

al1 - 2013-01-08 5:53 PM

Hi Al1

I can recommend Calpe, it's definitely worth a visit.

The site we use, Camping Calpemar, is very conveniently situated for walking access to the town, beach, eating/drinking venues, supermarkets and weekly markets, of which there are three. As Dave has said, you would be wise to book if Calpemar is what you're looking for. The site has only eightyodd pitches so it fills up fast.

There are about five sites around Calpe but I'm not sure if they are all open in the winter and I think Calpemar is the only one that accepts ACSI. The only other site I have visited is Camping Merced, which has soil pitches. Not good in the winter. There's also a fairly new aire, Odessa I think it's called, if you don't plan staying long. The aire is some distance away from the town but is well served by supermarkets, as is Camping Merced.

At this time of year quite a lot of the seafront facilities are closed, but don't assume it's dead, there are still places to choose from to eat and drink. The weather is wonderful and has been knocking on 20C for the past few days.

Have a good trip.

T

If anyone is heading down to Almeria, the weather has been superb since mid-November. Temperatures pushing 20 Celcius during the day (sometimes exceeding it) and we haven't had any rain for seven weeks. Couple of breezy days and nights are chilly - down to around 7 Celcius.

Guest pelmetman
quickweh - 2013-01-11 8:20 PM

Likewise in Puerto Mazarron, following the Stothert's and staying at Bolnuevo. Wall to wall sunshine in the day and cool at night. Can anyone recommend a campsite or Aire near Mojacar? I have heard some to be avoided and no ACSI option near. B-)

But what are your evening temperatures like? :-S

pelmetman - 2013-01-11 9:34 PM

quickweh - 2013-01-11 8:20 PM

Likewise in Puerto Mazarron, following the Stothert's and staying at Bolnuevo. Wall to wall sunshine in the day and cool at night. Can anyone recommend a campsite or Aire near Mojacar? I have heard some to be avoided and no ACSI option near. B-)

But what are your evening temperatures like? :-S

It's 11C just now in Calpe. Don't imagine it's a lot different where you are Dave.

Archived