OH HEKI !!!!!!!!!!!!

michele

Its half past two in the morning and I can here water . Its dripping so fast now it sounds like a burst water main . The camper is flooded . I need advice what is it we should do ? the dealership or the manufactors?.

Fred is soaked because she was asleep under it the water has gotten everywhere its on the walls into the material on the walls , its in the under storage areas its everywhere . I don't think this van would ever past a water ingress test after this and we are really worried that if anyone ver saw the water marks they wouldnt buy it anyway .

Can anyone offer to put up my photos for me if so please e mail me at michele.beard@btinternet.com.

I have never ad any luck with this server.

We thought we had a problem just unsure as to how much of a problem , whilst driving here to the South Of France on route on the motorway it rained and water came in the Heki as we were in transit soaking the kids . I did my best to plug it with a towel and we laughed about how if we take it back we will be given the health & safety speel about how it of course will of been fitted correctly .

If some one can put up my pics for me against this thread then you can all see the problem we have .

Thanks guys from a very wet camper stuck in france with three Disabled kids (not having fun )

Not to mention all the nappies and drugs and medical stuff is soaked .

Thanks guys

Looking forward to advice .

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ordeal isnt the word I would use at this precise moment :-S

Should of known better why should this Heki be any different to any of the last .

The Air Con unit yes I expect some to come through that but boy that leaked uncontrotably as well.

So far not having any luck I hope to god the engine starts .

We have carpets soaked flooring walls the units all the seating , which doesnt sound like alot until you see it all . Not to mention all our bedding and stuff clothing my god we are in a mess.

thats the second flood this holiday the first not being too bad . Hubby decided to boil up some hot water I stepped up into the camper to here water ,turns out the speed fit fitting on the hot water pipe that connects to the short tap lead had come off under the pressure ..one more soaked carpet and flooring but we got of lightly that time.

What I want to know is when this eventually drys it will stink I want to ask for a new Heki and new furniture if I had my way I would ask for a new van as the water stains are purple where the water has run into freds feed boxes , them being purple have where they were laying stained the white walls ... oh it looks fantastic i kid you not .

can anyone help with photos and advice please ............

Oh Margaret , I want to cry ..in answer to you . No we cant , how many vans do you know that are adapted to carry three disabled kids ?. they aren't out there .Kind thoughts anyway and thanks x

Oh dear just feel in such a mess I want to sit and cry what makes it worse is i can't explain it to the kids that we have a hell of a lot of tidying up to do . Miikey just looks and screams :'(

Guest pelmetman

By eck Michele, your having a rough time of it 8-)

Just a suggestion as a stop gap until you get back, are you near a brico marche where you could buy a tarpaulin to put over the roof for now?.............................naturally you'll have to take it off for traveling, but if your on site for a while it might help :-S

Michele..

Have you been in contact(as in shouted and screamed at) the selling dealer/manufacture yet?.. I'd also be contacting the insurer..

You never know,one of 'em *may* be able to authorise,even arrange, a repair to take place at a location that suits your travel plans?...

At the very least by contacting them,it will stop them trying wriggle out of anything by saying you didn't contact them in time(...."..if only we'd known sooner...more damge done...blah blah.." etc)

Good Luck

Kelly ,

Profuse apologies trying & trying I am not sure if its the weather here although at the mo its not three bad.

Will keep trying as I would love for you all to see .

No have not contacted anyone yet not sure who to contact we will have to get some Tarpaulin or something for tonight dont want a repeat episode . We leave Sat for home and would be leaving sooner but except there isnt any earlier shuttles due to the world and his wife wanting to get back for schools etc .

When we get back this is going to be a major jobbie the place is going to stink all the carpets are sodden.

We are at the mo busy with the kids and to be honest trying to get it dry intime to sit on before sat .

Will keep trying with the e mail and may even manage to get my own photo on here but dont hold out much luck

Kelly ,

Profuse apologies trying & trying I am not sure if its the weather here although at the mo its not three bad.

Will keep trying as I would love for you all to see .

No have not contacted anyone yet not sure who to contact we will have to get some Tarpaulin or something for tonight dont want a repeat episode . We leave Sat for home and would be leaving sooner but except there isnt any earlier shuttles due to the world and his wife wanting to get back for schools etc .

When we get back this is going to be a major jobbie the place is going to stink all the carpets are sodden.

We are at the mo busy with the kids and to be honest trying to get it dry intime to sit on before sat .

Will keep trying with the e mail and may even manage to get my own photo on here but dont hold out much luck

When you do get home Michele, rent a decent dehumidifier and set it up in the motorhome. That will 'draw' all the water out from the inside. Just make sure that all the windows are closed when you start....otherwise you're trying to dry out the planet!

I should have added....you can set up the dehumidifier so you can place the drain hose in the shower. That way you don't have to keep emptying the collection container. It sounds as if you will collect a large quantity of water from the interior. They really are an effective way of completely drying out the motorhome.

Just seen your latest post. You're quite right, Autotrails should do that for you. Good luck Girlie!

michele - 2012-08-30 4:14 PM

Will keep trying as I would love for you all to see....

No have not contacted anyone yet not sure who to contact...

I realise that you've some "practical/hands on" stuff to sort out but if I was you,contacting the dealer/manufacture and insurer,would be higher on my list,than trying to post photos on here.... :-S

Pepe . i realise your intentions are to look after us BUT I dont have all the dealers stuff to hand but I know the dealer watches this stuff and Autotrail CE . As soon as we are home MOnday we will be on to them.

Ips its a total of 6 weeks old ..lol.doing well so far collected on the 24th of July .

I have managed finally to get the photos to kelly so should be posted soon for you all to see.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Take it too dealers as soon as you get back and leave it with them till they fix everything to your satisfation. No arguments as far as warranty goes on a van that young.

Cheer up everything is fixable just get a temp fix on it to get you home and dont worry (easy said I know) dealer / manufacturer will sort it all out.

Ips , oh I do hope so because we don't have the energy for a fight .

Both of us have been on the roof , its no good even if we get a taupaulin the water is just going to go under it washing down the roof and find its way into both units again ,that includes Air Con.

All we can do is hope for no more rain but its not looking good on that front the weather has changed here seasonal .

The furrniture fixings are now stained we have dried best we could but at the mo as said just brought back in due to weather looking grotty , that its not actually drying anymore .

It's *sounding* as if stuff just hasn't been sealed properly... 8-) (..rather than something "failing").

What about applying some runs of gaffa tape around the edges of the heki frame for now?...At least it would help "deflect" any run-off water..

Also,don't pitch level...try to pitch with the side or end of the van with the rooflight, slightly higher.

If it's in the middle,pitch with one SIDE higher...that way you'll minimise the amount of water run off on any given section.

Flipping heck Michele, you do half have problems with leaky vans! What a horrible thing to happen!!!

You need to get in touch with your dealer, it is his responsiblity to get it sorted out, it is NOT up to you to contact the manufacturer as the contract is with the dealer.

I know you don't have the details of the dealer with you, but you have access to the intrnet so you can look their contact details up and either ring them or email them. You realy NEED to do this rather than wait until you get back home, that way they can be ready to sort it out for you as soon as psosible as this really does need doing soon - they'll need to check that the water hasn't got into the roof where the Heki and air con units are mounted as this would be a much much more serious thing that what you are already experiencing.

If you still want some photos posting send them to me (I'll PM you my email address) and I'll get them on the forum for you.

Mel

Archived