Gas bottle refilling in Portugal

BGD

Just got back from a brilliant 6 weeks of motorhome chugging around the Algarve coast, Portugal.

One very useful bit of info for anyone else going down that way is that the chap who will refill your gas bottles while you wait at the propane gas station, on the N125 near Boliqueime, is indeed still operating.

Although the "official" business of the gas station is to refuel lpg vehicle gas tanks, he's got about a million different adaptors, and he will it seems refill just about any type of gas bottle.

He refilled a standard Spanish 12.5kg butano bottle for me (with propane instead of butane of course, as that's all he's got!) a couple of weeks ago, and the cost was just 77cents per litre.

Apparently, he'll refill just about any type of UK and other European types of gas bottle too.

Directions: heading west along the N125, take the SECOND turning right for "Boliqueime" (also signposted for "Pederne", and with a small "GPL" sign too), and the gas station is 100 metres up that road. Plenty of room to park/turn round on his forecourt.

Satnav: N37'07.688 W8'09.556

Phone: 289360797

web: www.cmpedro.com

I answered a PM from someone who asked whether this gas station chap refills UK gas bottles while you wait......I'll add my answer here in case others are wondering:

So far as I am aware, the answer is Yes.

We use Spanish style bottles, so I have no personal experience of having a UK style bottle refilled by him. But he seems very well known by the long-terming Brits who over-winter in the Algarve, so I can only assume that as they would surely have UK type bottles, he fills them too.

Certainly, he's got a simply massive stock of adaptors, so it would seem he can refill just about anything!

Can confirm this guy & his wfe fill uk bottles, lovely couple.......but also if you are leaving Portugal over the bridge A22 towards Seville take the first junction off in Spain towards Ayamonte, keep right to the first roundabout then go left into the industrial estate round the first corner on the left is another GAZ refill place and he has all the adaptors to refill anything......cant miss it easy to find, big Red & White sign on roundabout, might be of use to some of you.

Archived