Brilliant new Motorhome idea

Barryd999

I have come up with an absolutely brilliant idea which I hope to put into production shortly.

It is really a motorhome without a motor. Remove the cab area, bolt on an A frame with a towhitch and connect it to a 4 x 4 fitted with a towball. Hey presto, you can pull it along with the car. :)

Brilliant or what?

I am going to call it a Carahome.

candapack - 2014-02-25 8:01 PM

Good luck with that. Let us know how it goes.

Expect you've already got this covered, but have you thought about putting another towbar on the back of your "Carahome" (great name by the way), so you could also take a titchy wee car, for sightseeing etc. :-o

Yeah I have. And behind that will go a scooter trailer! (lol)

Barryd999 - 2014-02-25 7:45 PM

I have come up with an absolutely brilliant idea which I hope to put into production shortly.

It is really a motorhome without a motor. Remove the cab area, bolt on an A frame with a towhitch and connect it to a 4 x 4 fitted with a towball. Hey presto, you can pull it along with the car. :)

Brilliant or what?

Hmmm, I thought for a moment that I'd entered the caravan forum by mistake. Surely this is a spoof?

Seannachie - 2014-02-25 9:33 PM

Brilliant or what?

Hmmm, I thought for a moment that I'd entered the caravan forum by mistake. Surely this is a spoof?

No! Its a Carahome (train)

Your right though. This is a Caravan forum. Full of wannabe Tuggers! (lol)

PJay - 2014-02-25 11:41 PM

Make the "Outfit" long enough , (car, van plus A frame car) and you would have to have a "convoy exeptional" plus police outrides as well!!

Might be difficult in the area you live in Barry ?? Narrow roads up in Yorkshire

PJay

Dunno. You should see some of the contraptions the farmers drag through our village.

I've had a wizard wheeze as well. I'm going to get all the 1000's of tracks on my ipod mix them up and "transmit" the songs through the atmosphere. I will do this from a central station. Perhaps i will get somebody to talk and "link" the songs together.

Soon people will have no need for ipods, wi fi, 3G 4G routers streaming devices etc etc. They will simply spend about £10 on a a "radio", £2 on batteries.

These "radios" will pick up signals everywhere and there will be no ongoing cost.

I do hope it catches on! :D

Brilliant or what?

Just saw one of your "Carahomes" - blimey, you don't hang about, do you?

Looked fantastic - quite long including the car, but - this is the bit I liked - bends in the middle going round corners.

Well done you :-D

Seannachie - 2014-02-26 7:43 AM

Your right though. This is a Caravan forum. Full of wannabe Tuggers! (lol)

So what's wrong with tuggers then? Apart from Jeremy Clarkson's opinion of 'em, but then that's worthless anyway.

:-D

How do you know I'm not Jeremy Clarkson Seanknackers or whatever your name is? Nothing wrong with Tuggers. Their Range Raggers and Discos are very useful for pulling motorhomes out of the clart!

Brilliant or what?

It will never catch on, bit like Borris's bendy buses *-)

candapack - 2014-02-26 1:15 PM

Just saw one of your "Carahomes" - blimey, you don't hang about, do you?

Looked fantastic - quite long including the car, but - this is the bit I liked - bends in the middle going round corners.

Well done you :-D

Just wait until the poor unsuspecting owner tries to make it go backwards as I suspect the device will go in any direction except the direction he wants it to!!

You never see a motorhome with a reversing problem - err - or do you!!

I've come up with another idea for 'adapting' an existing produce to make it a useful bit of kit in a motorhome or even a carahome ...

When washing-up some people use a standard home type dish drainer on a tray which is okay but not ideal as they tend to be quite big and we don't necessarily need the large number of 'plate holder' slots on them which make it difficult to 'stack' the rest of the pots. So it got me thinking what else would do the job: it would need to be watertight but nothing too expensive, and ideally in a variety of sizes but as space is often limited not overly bulky, able to be used left or right of the sink, incorporating a slope so the water drains away into a 'trench'.

I've been decorating and that was when I got my 'light bulb' moment ... a paint tray! They can be got from £1 shops all over the place, or DIY shops etc and range in size from 4" to 15" widths, in plastic and metal.

It would also double up as a 'washboard' too for when you want to do your smalls etc (ideally not at the same time as the washing up! :D ).

380478758_painttray1.jpg.f0aef1e9e0f0ac810c19007c9b13bc9d.jpg

Eco-Ezee.jpg.45f666009fc7752f24b6faf891d5e60c.jpg

Great idea Mel - or you could just buy a decent van with an all in one proper sink with a draining area 'cos that don't leak neither?

Even better - you could get a chopping board to slot over the draining area and use it for food preparation - wow - a dual purpose drainer!

Mel B - 2014-02-26 9:03 PM

I've come up with another idea for 'adapting' an existing produce to make it a useful bit of kit in a motorhome or even a carahome ...

When washing-up some people use a standard home type dish drainer on a tray which is okay but not ideal as they tend to be quite big and we don't necessarily need the large number of 'plate holder' slots on them which make it difficult to 'stack' the rest of the pots. So it got me thinking what else would do the job: it would need to be watertight but nothing too expensive, and ideally in a variety of sizes but as space is often limited not overly bulky, able to be used left or right of the sink, incorporating a slope so the water drains away into a 'trench'.

I've been decorating and that was when I got my 'light bulb' moment ... a paint tray! They can be got from £1 shops all over the place, or DIY shops etc and range in size from 4" to 15" widths, in plastic and metal.

It would also double up as a 'washboard' too for when you want to do your smalls etc (ideally not at the same time as the washing up! :D ).

I knew it!

The recent price hikes in CC membership and Site Fees have finally almost bankrupt users. They are doomed to spend time in Poundshops to make ends meet. :-(

Poor thing, is there not a Food Bank near you. :'(

Brit_Stops - 2014-02-27 10:13 AMHow about squeezing an engine and associated gubbins inside the front of a caravan so you don't have to tow it anymore? I'd call it a motorvan and it might look something like this.

I'd be willing to discuss terms if you'd be interested in adding it to your range, Barry.

Steve
Now that's what I call a good idea.BTW, I love the vehicles in that piccie. I want one, but please don't build it on the Sevel factory underpinnings. Maybe a nice LDV or similar. :-D

Seannachie - 2014-02-27 4:20 PM
Brit_Stops - 2014-02-27 10:13 AMHow about squeezing an engine and associated gubbins inside the front of a caravan so you don't have to tow it anymore? I'd call it a motorvan and it might look something like this.

I'd be willing to discuss terms if you'd be interested in adding it to your range, Barry.

Steve
Now that's what I call a good idea.BTW, I love the vehicles in that piccie. I want one, but please don't build it on the Sevel factory underpinnings. Maybe a nice LDV or similar. :-D
Well said Sean. Clearly a man of taste and discernment.

Seannachie - 2014-02-27 4:20 PM

Steve
Well said Sean. Clearly a man of taste and discernment.

Archived