Skoda Kodiaq Takes Towcar of the Year 2018 Award
To take to the top award at your first attempt in the 2018 Towcar of the Year Awards at your first attempt is impressive. That’s what Skoda achieved today with their brand new Kodiaq SUV.
The Caravan and Motorhome Club’s annual awards, supported by Bailey of Bristol, gives car makers an opportunity to compete with big names and big towcars for the top prize of ‘Towcar of the Year’.
The Skoda Kodiaq has good breeding, so to speak. The Skoda Superb has won the Towcar of the Year Award for times, no less. The judges united in agreeing that the Skoda Kodiaq was an impressive towcar. Judges described the Kodiaq as ‘a fantastic, no-nonsense, utterly awesome towcar’. How do you beat that?
The Skoda Kodiaq has 1,798 kg kerb weight, which means the choice of caravans you can tow is wide (Find out what you can tow using our Towmatch service). The judges liked its acceleration generated by the 2.0-litre 190bhp turbo diesel engine. That’s useful for getting out into moving traffic from a standing start.
Its towing capability was excellent, although it had some downsides, including a low-ish noseweight of 75 kg, and you have to empty the boot to access the spare wheel.
And what’s it going to cost you? The Kodiaq SEL 2.0 TDI 4X4DSG will set you back £32,210.
Other Class Winners
- Class 1 - Under £24,000 - Ssangyong Korandose £19,168
- Class 2 - £24,000 to £26,000 - Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport SRI NAV1.6 Turbo Ecotec £24,225
- Class 3 - £26,000 to £30,000 - Skoda Octavia Estate Scout 2.0 TDI 4X4 £27,735
- Class 4 - £30,000 to £33,000 - Volkswagen Golf Estate AllTrack 2.0TDI 4MOTION DSG £32,860
- Class 5 - £33,000 to £38,000 - Kodiaq SEL 2.0 TDI 4X4DSG £34,210