Cooking in your caravan
Fancy making something different when you’re out and about in your caravan?
Try these exciting new recipes, brought to you in association with Campingaz.
Pork and apple kebabs
- Boneless pork loin cut into cubes
- 1 green apple cut into cubes
- 1 large red onion cut into cubes
- The juice from 1 medium-sized orange
- 2 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
- 80ml of balsamic vinegar
- 60ml of honey
- 4 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, orange juice, garlic and honey. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Add the pork cubes to the marinade and leave for at least an hour.
3. Once the meat has finished marinating, heat up the barbecue to medium-high.
4. Skewer the meat with the green apple cubes and the onions. Try to place the meat between the onion and the apple to give it extra flavour.
5. Season the skewers to taste with sea salt and black pepper, and place on the grill.
6. Cook each side for about 3 to 4 minutes
(a total of 12-16 minutes).
- 125ml of extra-virgin olive oil
- 65g of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 butternut squash, seeds removed and cut into half-moons
- Red chilli flakes
- Half a pomegranate
- 30g of walnuts
1. In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, brown sugar, salt and pepper until smooth.
2. Brush both sides of the squash slices with the mixture.
3. Place the squash on the barbecue or griddle pan and cook for 8-12 minutes, depending on the thickness of your slices, until tender and golden brown. To prevent the sugar from burning, flip the squash slices regularly
4. While the butternut squash is cooking, chop the walnuts and remove the seeds from the pomegranate.
5. To serve, make a bed of rocket and lay the squash slices on top, sprinkling them with the chilli flakes, pomegranate seeds and chopped walnuts.
- 125g of whole wholemeal flour
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp of salt
- 230ml of plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
1. Mix your dry ingredients in a bowl (or pre-mix before you leave home).
2. Mix in your wet ingredients to your dry until everything is combined, then leave this to stand for 10 – 15 minutes.
3. Scoop equal measures of batter into a preheated frying pan on medium heat with a little oil.
4. When your pancakes are cooked around the edges and bubbles have formed in the middle, flip them over and cook for a few more minutes.
5. Serve with your choice of toppings.
What’s your favourite secret ingredient?
"A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down… and it really brings out the sweetness in tomato-based dishes."
"To be honest, vegetables have to be the secret ingredient with my fussy kids. I have to find ways to disguise them!"
"I’d say beer goes with everything but I don’t think that’s a secret is it?"
Campingaz Party Grill 600
Cook up a variety of al fresco meals with the Party Grill 600. This clever stove allows you to grill, griddle, barbecue and pan cook and the lid even doubles up as an oven so you can cook pizza!
To discover more recipes that are perfect when you are cooking with your caravan and to enter monthly competitions with great prizes, make sure that you follow Campingaz on Instagram - @Campingaz_UK
To see the full range visit campingaz.com/uk