Cooking in a Caravan with Monica Rivron: Salmon Kedgeree
If you like salmon and kedgeree try this tasty recipe by Monica Rivron.
For more 'cooking in a caravan' ideas, read Monica's Caravan Cookbook!
The recipe is quick, easy and good value! You can feed two people for under £3.50. Not only is it delicious, but it's also going to make caravan cooking good for your holiday budget too!
Watch Monica's video below too!
1 tin salmon £1.45
650g rice 65p
2 eggs 33p
1 lemon 30p
1 onion 10p
Pinch of curry powder 5p
Pinch of cayenne pepper 5p
Butter for cooking 10p
Chopped parsley 20p
- Hard boil the eggs. I'm sure you know how to hard boil an egg, but, just in case, bring a pan of water up to the boil, then gently lower the eggs into the bubbling water and cook for 7 minutes.
- While the eggs are boiling, cook your rice by putting it in a pan of cold water, double the amount of water to rice, bring to the boil, pop a lid on the pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Check and see if the rice needs a little longer, sometimes it takes 12 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, chop the onion.
- Melt a little butter in a frying pan and gently cook the onion, adding the curry powder and cayenne pepper.
- Add the salmon and cooked rice and gently mix, giving the fish time to heat up. Quarter the hard-boiled eggs and stir into the rice.
- Serve immediately with a squeeze of fresh lemon and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Watch Monica cook the kedgeree!
All cookery is done in the superb Bailey Unicorn Barcelona IV
What does Monica like about the Barcelona's kitchen? Extra Work Surface, of course! And, Bailey's Unique Double Hob Cover.
The Barcelona IV features a clever double cover over its brilliant 3+1 gas and electric hot plate hob.
The first cover is a traditional, glass, hinge-down design, but Baileys now also feature a second, fold-down cover that matches the worktop (in height and material). When folded down, this almost doubles the usable work surface and has a stylish 'flush' finish. Form and function in perfect harmony!
Find more details on the Bailey Unicorn Barcelona here!