Cooking in a caravan: Roasted sausages with parsnips
This month, Monica Rivron's cooking in a caravan recipe is a delicious, winter-warmer that's easy to make and will feed four people for under £5.
Monica cooks this in a new Bailey Unicorn Barcelona IV, more details about which you can read below!
Here's what you will need
6 sausages £2
4 potatoes £1
3 parsnips 41p
4 carrots 24p
8 tomatoes 81p
1 onion 10p
Chopped parsley 5p
Olive oil for cooking 5p
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200C.
- Peel and slice the parsnips, potatoes and carrots.
- Put them in a pan of water, bring to the boil, then gently simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cut up the tomatoes, prick the sausages with a fork, slice the onions and finely chop the herbs.
- Drizzle the oil in a roasting dish and pop in the oven.
- Drain the vegetables, take out the warmed roasting dish and put all the vegetables and sausages into it, including the rosemary. Roast for about 45 minutes; occasionally turn the vegetables to prevent burning.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Cooking up a storm in the Bailey Unicorn Barcelona
We like the double hob cover. The hinged top section matches the worktop and creates a large, flush-fitting space, that's ideal for preparing large meals.
Beneath it is a standard hinged glass top which protects the versatile three gas/one electric ring hob. That's style and practicality!