Cooking in a Caravan: Mozzarella Bocconcini by Monica Rivron
Here is a quick and tasty snack that kids and grown-ups will really love making and eating
Watch Monica's video for this recipe below!
All cookery is done in the superb Bailey Unicorn Barcelona IV
1 slice of bread
1 tablespoon of fresh oregano
1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
1 packet of small mozzarella balls
2 tablespoons of plain flour
Juice of one lime
- First you make the breadcrumbs by simply blending a slice of bread. If this is not possible, buy some pre-prepared breadcrumbs.
- Very finely chop the oregano and mix in the chilli flakes and put together in a bowl.
- In a second bowl, beat the egg and in the third bowl place the flour.
- Take the little mozzarella balls and first turn them around in the flour, then turn then around in the beaten egg.
- Finally, roll them in the breadcrumbs so they are completely coated.
- At this point, you might want to pop them in the fridge, if you're preparing them in advance.
- Heat the oil in a pan. I like a ridged pan for these so they don't roll around. They do flatten slightly but they still look adorable and it means you cook them on two sides.
- When they are nicely golden brown all over, spoon them out onto kitchen paper to soak up the excess oil.
- Then place them into a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and squeeze some lime juice over them.
- Eat them immediately!
The Bailey Unicorn's Storage
Good storage is essential in a caravan, and nowhere more so than in the kitchen. The Barcelona excels in this department, with stylish storage everywhere you turn.
For starters there's a large, long top locker for crockery, directly above the sink. Below it are three huge drawers, ideal for cutlery, pots, pans and provisions. Turn around and the good-sized fridge/freezer is topped and tailed with more useful locker space.
Finally, to the right of the oven is a slim slide-out, half-height cupboard that's ideal for storing groceries like jars, bottles, cartons and tins.
As the saying goes: 'A place for everything', and that's never been more true than with this Unicorn.
Watch Monica cooking Mozzarella Bocconcini!