Cooking in a Caravan: Aubergine Parmigiana by Monica Rivron
Feeding your family for £5 is easy when you use Monica Rivron's latest 'cooking in a caravan' recipe.
This month's treat is the tasty 'Aubergine Parmigiana', a delicious vegetarian dish meat-eaters will enjoy too.
Monica does all the cookery in the superb Bailey Unicorn Barcelona IV
Two aubergines £1.40
One jar tomato and basil sauce 50p
100g ricotta cheese 60p
100g Parmesan £2
100g mozzarella 45p
Olive oil 5p
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
- Slice the aubergines and place them on a baking tray.
- Paint a little olive oil on the top of each slice, then bake them in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- While the aubergines are in the oven, slice the mozzarella and
grate the Parmesan.
- Prepare an ovenproof dish, paint the sides with a small amount of olive oil, then spread some tomato and basil sauce to cover the bottom of the bowl.
- When the aubergines are ready, layer the base of the dish with the aubergine slices, then spread half of the ricotta and sprinkle a little of the grated Parmesan on top.
- Repeat with the tomato and basil sauce, aubergine and then the cheese.
- Keep layering, finishing with the mozzarella cheese and a little of the Parmesan.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, and serve immediately.
Watch Monica's Video on how to cook her Aubergine Parmigiana dish!
Keeping your food fresh in the stylish Dometic 190-litre Fridge-freezer
The domestic-spec fridge-freezer in the Bailey Unicorn Barcelona offers a whopping 190 litres of cold storage. It features electronic ignition and will work on and off-grid, using 240V hook-up gas or 12V electrics. It looks super-stylish with its shiny black door and slender design. Inside are adjustable shelves and plenty of door storage, too.