Caravan & Motorhome Club offers steamy breaks
The Caravan & Motorhome Club has a range of campsites located near popular steam railway lines all over the UK
- The Burrs Country Park Club Site in Lancashire is ideal for the East Lancashire Railway, which chugs through the Irwell valley with beautiful scenery and charming villages along the way.
- The Springhill Club Site, which is located between Stoke on Trent and Uttoxeter, is ideal for the Churnet Valley Railway in Staffordshire which passes through scenic countryside and sweeps visitors back to the days of classical rail travel. with outstanding views over the nearby countryside.
- The Littleover Farm Club Site in Loughborough is perfect for the Great Central Railway in Loughborough, which is the UK’s only double track main line heritage railway. The railway is on the old route that linked key cities including Manchester, Sheffield and London.
- A stay at the Coed-y-Llwyn Site is perfect for the Snowdon Mountain Railway, which is the Wales’ highest mountain reaching a massive 1,085m and towering over the Snowdonia National Park.
- Stay at the Start Bay Club Site if you fancy the South Devon Railway – a seven-mile stretch on the former Great Western Railway, which dates back to 1872 where enthusiasts can enjoy exploring the valley of the River Dart.
- The Norwood Farm Club Site is the perfect location if you want to see the Flying Scotsman, the Tornado and the Rocket take to the tracks in September as part of the Barrow Hill Roundhouse Steam Gala.