Big Little National Festival takes place tomorrow
The Big Little Tent Festival and the Big Little TeaTime Festive have a new family member – the Big Little National Festival – which will take place from 11am tomorrow (25 May).
Participants are invited to join in with the Big Little National Festival from their homes to enjoy a day of festival fun and activities via social media.
It is suggested they connect with family and friends through video calls so they can enjoy a festival in their garden or living room.
- 11:00 Opening ceremony by the Caravan and Motorhome Club Chairman, Grenville Chamberlain OBE on the Club's Facebook page
- 14.00 Lighting of the BBQs and food demo by campervan chef, Martin Dorey
- 14.30 Laithwaite’s Wine tasting
- 17.00 Club quiz, sponsored by SsangYong
- 17.45 Sunset event – a must-see performance from the Club band who have been finding innovative ways to continue making music during these times
- 18.00 Carry on enjoying your festivals at home
Throughout the day highlights will be posted on the Club's Facebook page of activities that festival-goers have been taking part in, from virtual dog shows, baking challenges, the final Big Little TeaTime Festival to seeing what everyone is cooking on their BBQs.
The winners of the Club’s 'Get Away Your Way' Perfect Day Challenge will also be announced, and the Club will provide a playlist of people’s favourite camping tunes to keep you dancing during your festival.
Brian Morgan, Caravan and Motorhome Club Head of Events and Communications, said, “We know people will be missing going to festivals so we wanted to provide an event to keep people in the festival mood and enjoy a day of virtual festival-fun from the comfort of their own homes and gardens. We will be providing virtual entertainment and activities throughout the day. Treat yourselves to a change of pace, and while social distancing means that friends and family (apart from those living in the house with you) won’t physically be with you, modern technology means everyone can still be together. So fire-up the BBQ, play some of your favourite festival music and enjoy the Big Little National Festival.”
For more information on the festival click here