Vango x National Trust tents 2021
Highlights For 2021
- Vango will contribute a minimum of £20,000 to the National Trust, through sales of the range, to help fund conservation projects in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The National Trust range includes four tents – the Antrim, Devon, Brecon and Cumbria – made from Vango’s Sentinel Eco fabric, incorporating recycled PET plastic bottles.
- The Brecon 600XL (£650) is a luxurious six-man family tent, ideal for long camping holidays.
- The Cumbria 500 (£420) is a stylish, compact and functional tunnel tent for up to five.
- All the tents in the range feature Diamond Clear windows and Nightfall bedrooms while the Cumbria, Antrim and Brecon have queen-sized bedrooms and a front extension or awning.
- The Vango x National Trust camping range also includes sleeping bags featuring a 100% recycled filling made from used plastic bottles that are reprocessed and turned into a polyester fill.
- The Vango x National Trust camping range will be exclusively available from Go Outdoors in-store and online (gooutdoors.co.uk) and online from Vango (vango.co.uk), from April 2021.
- To view the full tent collection and the accompanying sleeping bag range visit the Vango website.
Antrim Air 600XL
With its pre-attached sun canopy, the Antrim Air 600XL is made for sunny days on the campsite, perfect for families who enjoy camping in the summer months.
But this collaboration between Vango and the National Trust is more than just another family tent.
The Antrim Air 600XL (£800) is part of a new eco-friendly camping range which uses Vango’s Sentinel Eco fabric, created from recycled plastic bottles. The Antrim is made from a minimum of 302 plastic bottles and it is projected that the National Trust camping collection will repurpose almost 295,000 PET plastic bottles in its first year.
Sales of the tents will see Vango contribute a minimum of £20,000 to the National Trust, to help fund conservation projects.
Of course, for all their green credentials these products would be no use if they weren’t up to the job. But, rest assured, the tents – and the sleeping bags that are also part of the range – fully live up to Vango’s standards.
The Antrim includes plenty of great features, such as Vango’s unique AirSpeed inflation system, the SkyTrack II hanging system, ideal for lights and storage and Diamond Clear windows.
The queen-sized bedrooms provide a 60cm sleeping area per person, meaning you have plenty of room to stretch out – and store your essentials.
A built-in front extension offers extra covered space for socialising, dining and storage and the pre-angled beams create excellent levels of internal space in the large living area. The flysheet features a repeat print of the National Trust’s oak leaf logo.
The Devon 300 is an easy-to-pitch, compact tent that features a stylish and functional Gothic-arch pole structure. Like the Antrim, it is part of Vango’s collaboration with the National Trust and is made using fabric created from recycling old plastic bottles.
The Devon (£130) is patterned with a striking oak leaf print, that reflects the National Trust’s logo. It sleeps up to three and is compact and lightweight, with a stable structure making it ideal for outdoor adventurers, cyclists and groups looking for a small pack size and easy transportation.
Inside there is generous headroom and good ventilation to regulate temperature and keep condensation to a minimum. The Diamond Clear windows let light flood into the front porch area to create a bright and airy feel inside the tent, and the part mesh inner door allows ventilation, while preventing bugs from getting in.
The front porch has a linked-in groundsheet that keeps draughts out and the Nightfall darkened bedrooms keep early morning sunshine at bay to give you a more comfortable sleep.
2 Kelburn Business Park, Port Glasgow PA14 6TD
0844 811 0535