Devon & Cornwall

Big Momma

I am going to devon and Cornwall next weekend for 10 days. After a 2 day stop at Cheddar I am moving down to a site near Brixham. does anyone know if there is an easy walking route in to the town from the Caravan Club site ? After there we go to another club site near Tintagel, I note from my map that it is ideally located between Tintagel & Boscastle and I am assuming that there will be many wonderful walks around here especially along the coastal path.

Big Momma - 2009-03-28 1:56 PM

I am going to devon and Cornwall next weekend for 10 days. After a 2 day stop at Cheddar I am moving down to a site near Brixham. does anyone know if there is an easy walking route in to the town from the Caravan Club site ? After there we go to another club site near Tintagel, I note from my map that it is ideally located between Tintagel & Boscastle and I am assuming that there will be many wonderful walks around here especially along the coastal path.

No idea about Brixham but nice walk around rim of the gorge at Cheddar. From site near Tintagel you can follow the coastal path in both directions direct from the site. It is nice walking with not to much up and down in both directions.

Guest Tracker
It's a long while since I was at the CC site in Brixham, but from memory it is up towards or near Berry Head and a long way above sea level which means a long climb back up from Brixham at sea level. Also from memory I think a bus service runs (or used to run past the entrance). The CC sites book might tell you more as would an email or phone call to the wardens.

Archived