Which 2013 launches are you most interested in?

Andrew MMM

Really looking forward to seeing the new Rapido range, particularly the 691FF with fixed island bed and drop down front bed. Have seen pictures in Le Monde du Camping car (last month, come on MMM catch up!) and looks really good with great look. Yes it is 7.3m long, but our Tribute is almost 7m so not worried about that. May have to wait a year or two to change as not yet had Tribute a year, but do change often so who knows! (The main trend in continental coach builtsthis year is fixed island beds, together with drop down beds and more modern interiors).

Retread24800 - 2012-09-20 9:43 PM

I would like to see if any PVC affectionados are seduced by the new Hymer Compact.:-S

Well I suppose someone will like it but personally I don't see any features that I like and plenty that I don't - so even if we were into PVCs there are too many shortcomings for our taste!!

Much prefer the A/C Rhythm type layout for a good balance of comfortable non claustrophobic and practical use of space?

But it takes all sorts dunnit!!

Which, now I've looked through the article in detail, narrows the field rather!

Welcome Flash still on Ford, one of the Hobbys is a Renault, and one or two Roller-team models are Fords, that's about it. Good job I'm not actually in the market then isn't it!

Are other base vehicle manufacturers

(a) not bothered or

(b) not offering good enough deals to converters or

© victims of saturation marketing (and magazine coverage) by Fiat??

It's already very hard - it'll soon be IMPOSSIBLE - to find a new motorhome with a specific layout, or with specific features, that's not a Sevel. Monopolies and Mergers Commission anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

without wishing to sound negative, to be honest and practical, none of them.....as the prices for new motorhomes are well outside our pockets now. We've managed to purchase new ones over the last 20 or so years, but now.....well they are simply beyond us,so have to make the present one (Burstner) now 5 years old,last for its - and our lifetime. - ......well as long as we wish to have one anyway!

Over the period of ownership, we've travelled many thusands of miles, been to lots of places/countries, visited many shows (indoor and outdoor),have seen a lot of motorhomes, but basically what comes around goes around, and there's really not much in the way of new ideas - and indeed what was termed 'compact' (ie 5m or thereabouts) has grown tomore than 5m which in our view is certainlynot compact,and other than PVC are now far to wide for comfort,given the additional width of the mirrors now used.

So we shall stay with what we have until further notice, then possibly look at buying a 'small' caravan and a bugger car, ro coming out of this lifestyle (which we shall miss terribly) and instead of investing huge sums of capital, will just use the likes of Travelodges or short term stays in mobile homes...

Keith T - 2012-10-07 7:05 PM

So we shall stay with what we have until further notice, then possibly look at buying a 'small' caravan and a bugger car, ro coming out of this lifestyle (which we shall miss terribly) and instead of investing huge sums of capital, will just use the likes of Travelodges or short term stays in mobile homes...

I hope you mean a BIGGER car Keith - unless you're thinking of buying a Fiat of course!! :D :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Went to the NEC, checked out the Hymer as stated above, but kitchen very disappointing , in fact all the European vans had bad designed kitchens .... Either no oven (was told an optional extra) or ovens high off the ground which made it un usable........

We have an AutoTrail Tracker RS on order purchased from the NEC show last October this will be our 4th motorhome previous others were 2 end kitchen and 1 fixed bed layout. This time we fancied an end washroom and for its size the A/T RS ticked all the right boxes. Just waiting now for it to be delivered then we can load it out and get back to touring France.

Caddies104 - 2013-03-06 10:58 PM

Went to the NEC, checked out the Hymer as stated above, but kitchen very disappointing , in fact all the European vans had bad designed kitchens .... Either no oven (was told an optional extra) or ovens high off the ground which made it un usable........

If you want an oven sensibly installed in a van, you more or less have to buy a UK made van. Continentals don't demand ovens, so their designers don't incorporate them. What is exported to the UK is then a botched version of a continental design with an oven that all too often either doesn't work very well, or is installed at a dangerous height, or both! So, either buy British, or review cooking habits! :-D IMO, oven = big waste of space and time. Roasts? Cakes? While touring in in a motorhome? Plus all that cleaning! Why? Just asking, mind. :-D

Brian Kirby - 2013-03-09 5:02 PM

If you want an oven sensibly installed in a van, you more or less have to buy a UK made van. Continentals don't demand ovens, so their designers don't incorporate them. What is exported to the UK is then a botched version of a continental design with an oven that all too often either doesn't work very well, or is installed at a dangerous height, or both! So, either buy British, or review cooking habits! :-D IMO, oven = big waste of space and time. Roasts? Cakes? While touring in in a motorhome? Plus all that cleaning! Why? Just asking, mind. :-D

Sadly I think you're right Brian - but I've no idea WHY "Continentals" don't want ovens. We don't bake cakes, or do roast dinners, but lots of supermarket "ready-meals" go in the oven, and we do like to try out a recipe sometimes! "Tuna-pasta-bake" is one of our standbys.

Tony Jones - 2013-03-09 7:12 PM

Brian Kirby - 2013-03-09 5:02 PM

Sadly I think you're right Brian - but I've no idea WHY "Continentals" don't want ovens. We don't bake cakes, or do roast dinners, but lots of supermarket "ready-meals" go in the oven, and we do like to try out a recipe sometimes! "Tuna-pasta-bake" is one of our standbys.

Tony, and here was me thinking you had more taste than that! I bet you like Frey Bentos pies too!!! *-)

We made an appointment at the now nearest Hymer dealer we have to see the exis 1.They knew we had about a 2 hour drive and that we were coming.We arrived.They didn't know where the van was.We were the only customers and plenty of staff.Instructed to go to coffee machine for polystyrene cup of coffee while they searched for the van.Finally found it and brought it roundDealer said it was heavily upspecked and would go quickly.It wasn't..It was a good van but kitchen very severley compromised.We commented on the good payload for the dealer to agree but adedd as a rider that 2000 kgs was actually a very good payload!!!!! He then misquoted the price of the van by over 10.000 poundsOn their side..BIG mistake as my husband (who may look like he is fresh off the boat but isn't) knew to the penny how much it was advertized at.Dealer had to go away and find sales list!! It would have cost us 25.000 plus to upgrade our little Hobby but for some strange reason we didn't feel like spending it there.We left.It is still up for sale.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

We're off to the NEC shortly and want to view an Autotrail Tracker RS (lucky Kelly - see above) and also will be interested to see the new Elddis Accordo and the two new (narrower) compact low profiles from Bailey.

We probably won't be able to afford a new one, but it will be a chance to see if we like anything coming out now, that we might be able to buy as a 2-year old in 2015!

It will also be a chance to finally suss out which of the continental vans we can definitely dismiss because they've got split-level flooring. This isn't usually noticeable from the website photos, but as nuevogirl has almost broken her neck a couple of times while viewing some of them, it's a major no-no for us. *-)

I suppose technically they will be 2014 launches, won't they. ;-)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest pelmetman
3mart - 2014-04-04 6:22 PM

With a huge range of mattresses on offer in Brisbane, in Australia, 3mart is the remarkable story of a company that promises quality and style with every single product.

Brisbane mattress sale

Brisbane bed sale

Brisbane cheap bed

Brisbane cheap mattress

"3mart is the remarkable story of a company that promises quality and style with every single product."............................with a sideline in Spam *-)...........

Archived