thedford ses fridge problem

yrnetn

can anyone help with this, Sitting in motorhome today and the fridge switched from electric to gas, I'm on hook up and have been for the past week with no problems. I have manualy set it to electric but the blue light flashes and error code 1 along with a spanner shows up on the led. All other electrical items working ok .

Hi Yrnetn,

I've Googled error code 1 and found the following...

Fault 1: AC heater current is measured to be 75% below nominal current.

Action: Contact your dealer or a Thetford service Centre.

It sounds like either your mains heater element has failed or you're suffering from low voltage so the fridge thinks it has a fault. Can't help identify which unless you can move to a different EHU.

Keith.

And more info here Link. 4th page down.

onecal vw - 2011-04-30 9:57 PM

Hi,

No need for repair, if voltage of campsite drops below 190V it will switch to gas,

Regards,

Brendan

Brendan,

Actually it's far worse.

According to the Thetford link I posted above it will switch off if the voltage falls below 210 volts :'(

Keith.

Ah Yes, You will still just need to drop under the 200V , really 190V for it to switch over to GAS.Keeep an eye on the time of the Day or Evening it happens. You may find late at night it will run OK. Less demand. Not so good on poorly serviced or overloaded sites. This has become a problem on a lot of sites .

Regards,

Brendan

Archived