shower tray repair

audgreen

Have really been done over. Paid a company called Tuftek £240 to repair our cracked shower tray with a lifetime guarantee. Split again after 3 weeks. They promised to come again and after 3 cancelled appointments just got an email saying they have gone out of business and closed their email address. So unfair that they can get away with doing this.

Some motorhome dealers are appointed agents for Speedcoat and if one uses the dealership rather than direct one's claim would be against the dealership not the coating supplier - not that it helps much with this repair - and always assuming the dealer does not go bust.

Guest pelmetman
audgreen - 2013-10-05 5:25 PM

Thanks for info. Have emailed him while his address is still live to make him aware that I know his new trading name and have also emailed speedcoat to tell them what has happened. Might not do any good but makes me feel better.

Any respectable business will stand up to plate whether they have franchised it or not :-|................I'll watch this thread with interest ;-) ...........

well guys watch this space! After various emails have had a phone call to say that my guarantee will be honoured by Tuftek and as soon as he gets his supplies from the new supplier will come and put things right. Only time will tell but will keep you posted.

well guys watch this space! After various emails have had a phone call to say that my guarantee will be honoured by Tuftek and as soon as he gets his supplies from the new supplier will come and put things right. Only time will tell but will keep you posted.

Guest pelmetman
audgreen - 2013-10-05 7:23 PM

Good news B-) .................as I said anyone who runs a proper business, will be more than keen to stand up to the plate if his/her product /profession is being trashed, especially in this social media age ;-)..........

sort of success. the very kind people at Speedcoat have agreed to redo our shower tray free. Having said that it will cost us petrol from Lincoln to Shropshire and 3 nights on a campsite. That's beside the point though. At least they are a decent enough company to put it right. It proves that you should have reviews before dealing with people. Can't speak highly enough of Jenny at Speedcoat. Very efficient and 2 very grateful oldies!!!!!!!

Booked 3 months in Spain from end March so at least I wont have to run back and forth to the "facilities"

Guest pelmetman
audgreen - 2013-10-08 5:32 PM

sort of success. the very kind people at Speedcoat have agreed to redo our shower tray free. Having said that it will cost us petrol from Lincoln to Shropshire and 3 nights on a campsite. That's beside the point though. At least they are a decent enough company to put it right. It proves that you should have reviews before dealing with people. Can't speak highly enough of Jenny at Speedcoat. Very efficient and 2 very grateful oldies!!!!!!!

Booked 3 months in Spain from end March so at least I wont have to run back and forth to the "facilities"

Good news...........pleased to see a company prepared to stand up to the plate when something goes wrong ;-).................Speedcoat will end up out of pocket financially, but the positive response will be a refreshing change to a skeptical Joe Public, and I would hope pay dividends in the end B-)

We had the shower tray in our Hymer B584 repaired a couple of months ago by a firm called Scuffs and Scrapes at Tarrent Hinton and it looks and feels as if they have done a very good job. Our problem was cracking round both the drain holes which would have made for a very wet under floor locker. The cost was £354, but we now feel safe using the shower again. The firm was recommended to us by Essanjay at Poole.

Just beginning to plan next year's trips to France - as long as I can get travel insurance.

• 3 months later...

hi

i used Tuftek 2 years ago they were brilliant we got rid of our caravan so we was going to use them again for our new caravan but they have finished trading however there is a firm in pontefract who use a different product to speedcoat called something 1000 or 100 it is a lovely white they took 3 days over it a day to prepare the tray in our swift sprite caravan and make the base solid then they coated the tray through a spray gun the next day giving a lovely only ever so slight texture then they put another coat on a day later leaving it with a nice gloss finish. i cant knock tuftek from before as we didnt have a problem but this liner the lads have put on this tray from pontefract is a lovely glossy finish and totally antislip. but all i can say if tuftek used speedcoat and they wasnt a dealer no more they cant guarantee the product no more surely im not defending them but its like having a car dealership in your local town if they close you go to the next town for the same dealer. i will get a number for john and richard at the garage in pontefract if anyone wants it.

Archived