Snooper S900 Ventura Lite

limerick

Hi all

I am upgrading my sat nav as I have a Garmin nuvi for that last few years .I have come across a Snooper S900 ventura lite which states it's designed specifically for caravans and motorhomes.Has anyone got any experience of these sat nav. I would be grateful for any info

regards

limerick

The Snooper is ok although when we change our Snooper 2000, when we replace we will go to Tom or Garmin.

A lot more people use them and therefore there is alot more help out their for numpties like me.

They are easier to get POI's on and a lot more seem to be available.

I have just tried to plot a course from an Aire to home and it told me no route was available, I contacted Snooper and my version was a bit old, I could up grade to the latest for £84 ish or I could update to an older free version. (if you understand what I mean) which solved the problem.

I have also experienced problems getting Long and lat cordinates in, how ever looking on the web site at another version I evenually managed, but for my machine their is only one formate that my Snooper will take them in.

The techies at Snooper are helpful.

Found the accessories a bit feeble.

It is nice putting in the Height and width excetera it sometimes takes you completely round the houses to get to a point, when with common sence you can go more directly.

(!) 8o| :->

I bought a Garmin 1390TLM at Halford's yesterday which has free map updates for the life of the unit.I loaded the latest maps last night with no problem's.I decided to stick with Garmin as I have had 2 already and found them easy to use but we still have a map on board to confirm route's

regard's

limerick

These sat navs that claim to be for commercials, caravans and motorhomes etc are only as good as the mapping information presently available which currently does not include road widths. They may help aviod some hazards such as low bridges which are on the maps but that's about all. My personal opinion is they are not worth the extra money. Stick to Tom Tom or garmin would be my advice. If you must trynone with this feature I seem to remember one or possibly both of these have launched a model with this feature. They are far more user friedly than snoopers.

Archived