Itineo SB740 for three children

Dribblin

Hi all,

We are looking at the Itineo SB740 as we have three young children and think it offers the best space. There isn't one near us that we can look at though, if anyone out there has the same motorhome please can you let me know what you like and dislike about it. Or if there is a better van out there please let me know!

Thanks.

Guest Had Enough
It looks brilliant for children but whatever you do you must go for the uprated version with over 1000 kg of payload. The standard chassis with only 435 kg will be a struggle to keep legal.

Guest Had Enough

bolero boy is right of course and what it normally boils down to for most motorists is when you passed your driving test. If you passed before January 1st 1997 you should have C1 eligibility, which allows you to drive vehicles between 3500 kgs and 7500 kgs.

If you passed your test after this you'll have to take another test to get a C1 licence, unless of course you already drive mini-buses for example and have done the training and test.

But I repeat, the payload on the standard version will be a big problem for two adults, three children and all their tackle. If you exceed your maximum weight you'll be illegal and there'll be insurance implications as well.

Sorry to make life complicated but this is important. There are also other considerations for heavier vehicles such as lower speed limits on certain roads and higher tolls in Europe.

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies. We are just slightly over 21 and then some so have the C1 cat on our driving licences so that's not a problem. Thanks for the info about the payload and getting all of our stuff in the motorhome.

Any thoughts on usability of space and layout would be greatly appreciated.

Archived