Indicator intermittently stops??

arjxh56

Hi,

Anyone had this.. My indicator on a 3.0 Ducato stops working intermittently? It can work perfectly for a few clicks and then just stop but the stalk is still up/down??

It's only down it in the last few days and doesn't do it every time, it did it 3 times over a 600 mile journey.

Thanks

I don't know if this will help but this is my experience with the same problem.

The problem occurred many times over several months until it got dangerous to drive particularly on roundabouts when people in the near lane didn't know I wanted to move over to turn left ( the fault on mine was the nearside indicator).

I tried all the usual things, change all the bulbs, strip down the mirror looking for the problem and tracing all the wiring I could all to no avail. In the end I took it to my dealer who also spent some time stripping things down looking for the problem Anyhow to cut the story short it turned out that the company who fitted my tow bar who I won't name but they are often recommended on various forums didn't fit a simple towing interface smart relay which prevents damage to road lights etc. I gather, and I'm no lecky, that this item prevents build up of resistance which was causing my indicator problem.

Anyhow with all the time the dealer spent tracing the problem and then fitting the smart. relay cost me over £300 but everything is fine now and I'm confident of driving and not causing an accident

Hi,

My van has been in the same spec since new with regards to the electrics. (Apart from solar panel and new upgraded earth leads). There are no fog lights etc, but there is a standard built in reversing camera.

I have read things on the fiat forum about stalks failing and various other common faults with fiat cars.. I couldn't find anything directly relating to the Ducato but maybe there are some common elements?

Archived