FIAT DUCATO X250 - POLLEN FILTER

roger20

Hello,

We have changed ours after 2 to 3 years and they never seem particulrly grubby, so I don't think you should worry about doing it every year. Having said that, they are there to protect you from small particles that perhaps we cannot see, and to protect the heater motor from a build up of harmful muck too. Your choice.

It gets complicated if you buy a filter from Fiat since they think you need a 'kit' and it costs about £130 and is different for each engine.

I think this is a load of nonsense and we have been using a filter from Euro Car Parts (507 54 5310) that is on their website for about £25 and comes with instructions for where and how to fit it.

It involves opening the centre glove-box lid and there is a panel in the heater unit that you remove. It's easier to get at with the glovebox lid removed.

No, I don't have any affiliation with Euro Car Parts and I am sure the item that they sell (Corteco 80000815) is also available elsewhere.

Nick

For those who may contemplate doing this the attached photos might be useful.

After removing couple of small screws/bolts which hold the lid on it needs be pressed down a bit using the 2 flaps sticking out and this releases 2 tangs at the top which then enables the 2 tangs at the bottom to be lifted to release the lid fully.

It just needs a bit of care and gentle force to avoid snapping any plastic bits!

As Nick suggested whilst a bit dusty it could probably have lasted longer.

IMG_0080.JPG.632545b64c7759370109cd862bb567e9.JPG

IMG_0082.JPG.dadf43aa202f120a3e458abf189013a1.JPG

• 3 years later...

I know that this thread is 3+ years old but it seemed worth reviving as there are quality ALCO brand German-made (must be good :-D) cabin pollen filters for the X2/50 for £5 delivered from AP Motorstore on Ebay at the moment:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-Boxer-OE-Quality-CABIN-POLLEN-Filter-Service-Car-TF19871-/350721802421

Or search for 'pollen filter CF0301' for listings for the other X2/50 models although they're all the same part.

Seems too good to miss at that price.

Just received one and it seems as good in quality as the OE part that came out and took 10 minutes to fit.

Archived