Electric step

insignia

Electric step  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The newer versions of the Frontier have an EC 500 control panel and there i a separate fuse on their for the step, however I think the 2010 models had the EC325 which doesn't have this fuse. Behind the drivers seat there is a small control box on the floor called an EM50 on your version (on mine it is a EM40). This is a fuse / control unit and holds control relays for the step. On your version there may be a separate fuse for the step here.

Alan

Sargents wiring diagrams for a 2007 Frontier show an EM50 so may be the same (or very similar) to yours... Link to SES.

Keith.

Edit to add: It could be the limit switch that has stuck.

If the switch is stuck 'IN' then the EM50 will think the step is IN and so not allow power to it.

Be VERY careful if checking under the step as it may move without warning and it is VERY powerful.

And another edit to add a Link to EM50 Instructions

This step is VERY prone to getting clogged up with mud and rubbish thrown up by the front wheel, even when fitted with the fiat mudflaps.

To keep it clear, I fitted an extra deflector mounted on the front of the gas locker, as an extra it also keeps the gas locker dry, so that odds and ends can be stored in there,

Since it has been fitted the step workings have stayed mud free, also keep it sprayed with a waterproof White Grease, and occasionally wipe any dust off.

Before all of this mine jammed and blew the fuse twice.

Ray

Hi Alan Thanks for the info mine is EM50 with No5 being the the one for the step Does the fuse just pull out for checking as mine feels very tight so I have not used any tools to get it out yet for fear of damaging something thanks for your help

Tony

Hi Tony

The fuse is a normal car type blade fuse and if you haven't got a blade fuse puller you can use a pair of long nose pliers. These fuses can be tight and it is best to gently 'wiggle' it and pull at the same time. Keep one finger on the base of the unit where the fuse sits too to stop any flexing and gently pull.

Alan

AlanS - 2015-01-27 2:10 PM

Hi Tony

The fuse is a normal car type blade fuse and if you haven't got a blade fuse puller you can use a pair of long nose pliers. These fuses can be tight and it is best to gently 'wiggle' it and pull at the same time. Keep one finger on the base of the unit where the fuse sits too to stop any flexing and gently pull.

Alan

As I recall from the Ships Captains Medical Guide, a similar technique is used for pulling teeth! :-S

Archived