Ducato 2004 cab heater change

nwsxp50

thebishbus - 2013-11-16 7:55 AM

Hi. Why not try adding some" Bars Leaks" to the cooling system , may save a lot of hassle.

Brian B.

Good old fashioned remedy , but does it stand up to Anti Freeze? Seem to recall "in the olden days" (as my grankids say) I don't think it did.

The heater core replacement is not for the faint hearted. A few years ag I replaced mine and posted some pics...I wil see if I can find, if not will post the pics again so it gives an idea of what is involved.

Its a big job, easy when you now how, but a long laborious and methodical task which requires patience and a lot of time. The whole dashboard has to come out..in stages. Takes 2 days. A day to remove and a day to put back although I could do one in a day now I know how to do it.

Hi , Thanks, for your help, I dont trust any leak jollop. It could never be a permant repair. A really big thanks to Brambles. Those photos will help, but it does look a mammoth task. If its not a personal question Brambles where are you based? Thanks. Again

nwsxp50 - 2013-11-16 3:12 PM

Hi , Thanks, for your help, I dont trust any leak jollop. It could never be a permant repair. A really big thanks to Brambles. Those photos will help, but it does look a mammoth task. If its not a personal question Brambles where are you based? Thanks. Again

Other end of the country from you hopefully!!!!

Coast of East Angus. Scotlandshire. If you are nearby would be great as could help you. Even if not I can run through some tips with you.

Hi again. Re "Bars Leaks". I have used it in all my vehicles over the years as a preventative . I first used it to stop a leak, which it did, since then I have had no leaks or water pump replacements. It is supposed to be a sealant, pump lubricant and corrosion preventative. Worked for me, or I have been very lucky .

Brian B.

Guest 1footinthegrave
Well I must say Brambles, what an astonishing and daunting job to take on, I am full of admiration, God knows I wish I'd never read the thread now though for obvious reasons, I'd cut my throat rather than to even begin to attempt it, good for you though and sharing the challenge, and your pictures are astonishing as well, all kudos to you. ;-)

What I did discover is the ash tray has a light in it. The bulb holder was faulty so I repaired it and now has an ashtray with a light. Also there is a spring arrangement for making it snap open and closed and the plastic was cracking and losing is retention in the closed position so also repaired it. Cannot even remember what it is I keep in the ashtray...probably all the spare nuts and bolts Brain mentioned!

Archived