A Proper Motorhome Club

gocro

We recently joined The Motorcaravanners Club and have been very impressed by their organisation and ethos of running the club for the benefit of members. As a national club they are having the national rally and AGM in Northern Ireland this year. I've been online to check out the ferry prices and was amazed at how much they are wanting for a return trip, between 320 to 360 euros. Checking on the Club's website they have arranged a discount with Stenna Lines and it's only costing £175 sailing from Liverpool or Cairnryon to Belfast return for a up to10m motorhome and 2 passengers.

Similarly, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that my local group in Northumberland have dropped their rally booking fee, usually 50p or a £1,as the group have enough funds to operate on for the coming year and are not gouging the members for more, can't imagine any other national club doing this at any level.

We joined the MCC 6 yeras ago. Sadly it was not for us at that time, as mainly rallies, (which we don't do)

Then joined the CC, for the benefit of the over seas sites. No longer members as we felt they where too caravan orientated , the site of most of the clubs. At the moment we only use van on the continent , so not worth joining any clubs. maybe if we are still vanning in a few years time,when too old to go over the water may rejoin the MCC

It did seem a very friendly club, if you like rallies, and had local branches., and did not appear to be "money grabbing" like the large clubs

PJay

Did you know that the C&CC don't seem to have an upper age limit to join. But they won't insure anyone over 80 ! - Hmmmmmm . I belong to the motorcaravanners club in the 1960's and what a lovely friendly club it was. We couldn't join the C&CC in those days because motor caravans/ motorhomes were banned. *-)

Archived