'You are banned'

paulmold

Just tried to enter forum and got the message 'you are banned'. Tried other sub-heading and all was fine. Went out of website and back in again and as you can see, I am now on the forum. What was that about?

What I did discover was when it told me to contact admin, it would only take me to a link to 'outlook'. I don't use outlook so what is admins address if I ever did want to contact him/her.?

paulmold - 2014-03-10 2:18 PM

Brambles - 2014-03-10 2:07 PM

Look down the page in the centre just above Magazines. You will see a contact link.

Yes that brings up a box asking to allow 'outlook' to enter my computer or not.

The link invokes a "mailto:" which will open (or attempt to open) a blank, addressed eMail in your "default" (as known to the operating system) mail client.

It would appear that, though you don't use Outlook, you have probably got it installed (or part installed) as a result of an "Office" installation, and it has been set as the default.

If you are using another mail client (not webmail) it is relatively easy to set this other client as the default (at which point, clicking the link should give you a blank, addressed eMail in your client).

e.g:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-vista/change-the-default-e-mail-program

(also works for Win7).

Guest Peter James
paulmold - 2014-03-10 1:14 PM

Just tried to enter forum and got the message 'you are banned'. Tried other sub-heading and all was fine. Went out of website and back in again and as you can see, I am now on the forum.

I have had the same thing

paulmold - 2014-03-10 1:14 PM

What was that about?

Sorry, Haven't a clue

Contacted Administrator on above address and guess what, no reply at all. Is there an Administrator or any moderators on this forum????

Had no problems getting on site since getting the 'banned' message but I would have liked to know the problem.

Archived