"Objects" and "monstrosities", not Motorhomes

Gwendolyn

A poster on the Caravan Club Forum suggests that motorhomes be segregated, or, even better, BANNED from Caravan Club sites so as not to subject Caravanners to the presence of these “objects”.

And, moreover, these "objects" are “monstrosities, often larger than my bungalow”, and their occupants were “keeping themselves to themselves, slamming their doors”.

Not sure what made me laugh the louder, that, or HIGNFY, which I was watching whilst browsing the CC Forum.

Cheers,

Gwen

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah! This is a tugger posting on the Caravan Club Forum. Wouldn't know what an Aire is, let alone desire to use one.

[Mind, neither did I know until 3 years ago.... and still have not much desire to use one.. but that may be the subject of another thread!]

Gwen. [still a tugger too. But an enlightened one.]

Guest pelmetman
Gwendolyn - 2013-04-26 10:23 PM

A poster on the Caravan Club Forum suggests that motorhomes be segregated, or, even better, BANNED from Caravan Club sites so as not to subject Caravanners to the presence of these “objects”.

And, moreover, these "objects" are “monstrosities, often larger than my bungalow”, and their occupants were “keeping themselves to themselves, slamming their doors”.

Not sure what made me laugh the louder, that, or HIGNFY, which I was watching whilst browsing the CC Forum.

Cheers,

Gwen

HIGNFY.....................? :-S............

I can see his point - when you consider how attractive a caravan looks with huge 4x4 towcar, awning and windbreaks - all in different and mainly mismatched colours - along with accessories and kids yelling and dogs yapping and bikes being ridden around without consideration and toys scattered everywhere and unmarked guy ropes trailed out for all to trip over.

Compare that to a compact colour coordinated motorhome with just two people quietly going about enjoying the tranquillity of the countryside and I can see why any tugger would dislike and be unable to comprehend a form of camping so different to their own!

Really makes staying on a site appealing doesn't it - but at least they all disappear inside to watch TV every evening thus leaving peace and quiet to reign once more - but only until daybreak!

Not that anyone would wish to exaggerate of course!

Horses fer courses - live and let live - each to their own - and long may such bio diversity on campsites continue!

crinklystarfish - 2013-04-27 9:47 AM

How miserable must his existence be that he torments himself with such issues and then imagines for one moment that his life would be enriched by demonstrating his petty intolerance to the world.

There is clearly nothing in his life...

Reading it all again, I am now thinking that it MUST have been a wind-up? There are not people around who think like that ... are there????

Gwendolyn - 2013-04-27 10:00 AM

Reading it all again, I am now thinking that it MUST have been a wind-up? There are not people around who think like that ... are there????

Oh yes there are!

You only have to look at some postings on here to see how intolerant and malevolent people can be of anyone who dares to think differently to themselves!

malc d - 2013-04-27 9:24 AM

Gwendolyn - 2013-04-27 8:43 AM

HIGNFY - Have I Got News For You.

.... another disaster last night !

( Off topic I know - but I was disappointed - again )

:-(

Not the best, I agree. But when they are on form - with a GOOD Chairman, it's cracking. Still one of the very few programmes I regularly watch though.

Gwendolyn - 2013-04-27 10:00 AM

crinklystarfish - 2013-04-27 9:47 AM

How miserable must his existence be that he torments himself with such issues and then imagines for one moment that his life would be enriched by demonstrating his petty intolerance to the world.

There is clearly nothing in his life...

Sadly it seems there are.

Maybe there is room for another club for these people, who are quite entitled to their view, and should be catered for.

Separate fields for motorhomes / caravans/ caravans with dogs/ caravans without dogs/ motorhomes with generators/ caravans or motorhomes with children ....... etc etc.

( The list is endless).

Might take up quite a lot of acres though.

;-)

Guest JudgeMental
20,000 caravans purchased a year and what? 3000 motorhomes? The UK is caravan central. I have always hated the things and the mentality that goes with it....., Closest I got was a trailer tent and that went within a year! *-)

JudgeMental - 2013-04-27 11:36 AM

20,000 caravans purchased a year and what? 3000 motorhomes? The UK is caravan central. I have always hated the things and the mentality that goes with it....., Closest I got was a trailer tent and that went within a year! *-)

So how do you characterize that “mentality”? Really interested to know. We have, and use, both a caravan and motorhome, according to need / type of holiday. Was not aware that we have a particular, and identifiable “mentality”. Only one which means we like to get away as often as possible, and with different purposes in mind.

Curious to know…

Cheers

Gwen

PS Can any inventive person on here coin a term which combines both Motohomer and Tugger? Anything apart from “split personality” please!

Gwendolyn - 2013-04-27 11:56 AM

So how do you characterize that “mentality”? Really interested to know. We have, and use, both a caravan and motorhome, according to need / type of holiday. Was not aware that we have a particular, and identifiable “mentality”. Only one which means we like to get away as often as possible, and with different purposes in mind.

PS Can any inventive person on here coin a term which combines both Motohomer and Tugger? Anything apart from “split personality” please!

I too have camped, trailer tented, caravaned (both towed and static) and motorhomed over the last 65 years and we have many friends and family who enjoy other forms of camping and when we join them on a site a lot of friendly ribbing goes on about which is 'best'!

Truth to tell there is no 'best' way - other than to say the method that suits your wallet, available time and your preferred style at that particular moment in time is the best way!

Motorhomer and/or tugger = Mugger?

Gwendolyn - 2013-04-27 11:56 AM

JudgeMental - 2013-04-27 11:36 AM

Curious to know…

Cheers

Gwen

Come on Eddie, answer the lady, I to would be curious to know the caravan mentality. I have never had one, did have a trailor tent for a while, but was not aware of this special mentality.

rupert123 - 2013-04-27 12:53 PM

Come on Eddie, answer the lady, I to would be curious to know the caravan mentality. I have never had one, did have a trailor tent for a while, but was not aware of this special mentality.

I believe it is known as Judgementality !

Archived