partial air lock ?

chas

Having just carried out some repairs to my water tank, which had to be drained to do it, everything was connected back up and checked, no kinks, or trapped hose from tank pump line, water will pump ok to the taps ect but at about half the pressure, as before it was a very fast flow.

The pump is a submersible tank one and was not touched at all. I suspect it may be a airlock, does anyone know if there is a way how to free this, if indeed it is that. Its the only thing I can think of. Thanks.

A partial airlock is a bit like a partial pregnancy - there ain’t no such!

Suggest you fish out the pump from the tank and check that there’s no ‘crud’ obstructing the inlet to the pump’s impeller. Also check that water flows freely through the non-return valve (which may be attached to the pump’s outlet or separate from it.)

If no water were flowing from the ‘taps' an airlock might be the cause when the pump is the submerged type, but as water is coming from the taps (albeit at a reduced pressure) look for an obstruction in the feed.

If the pressure at the cold taps is OK but not at the hot taps, look for an obstruction from where the hot-water supply starts to branch. Vice versa if the hot-tap pressure is OK. If pressure is low at all the taps, look for an obstruction involving the pump itself, the non-return valve, or in the water-feed before it branches to hot or cold taps.

(Might help if you provided details of your motorhome - make/model/year.)

Thank you Derek- The motorhome is a Autoquest 200 2005year which makes it 9 yrs old. I am wondering if perhaps a new pump is needed as I have tried giving it a sharp tap to free anything. I cannot detect any crude through the opening, but it has worked perfectly up to now.

It is piped up inside tank with the push on type connectors and I am not sure if I manage to disconnect it I will be able to reconnect again, there is very little play with the amount of internal pipe.

As stated the hot & cold taps work equally pressure wise, but well below that it used to deliver.

Archived