Which Polish

Ninian

I find Meguiar's Boat/RV polish and Pure Wax very good.

I usually buy through Amazon Market place sellers but do a good search for cheapest prices which is usually AP Motorstores, and even they list at a few different prices.

In my view Carnauba wax is the best finish for fibreglass gel coats, but as long as you have some good quality wax on the finish it wil help protect and seal.

silverback - 2014-10-24 8:33 PM

new autotrails from the factory use M3 polish i personally use starbrite marine polish with ptfe, lasts 1 year or more

jon

Maybe I am being thick here, I do have a ear infection just now which make sithard to think straight, but what is M3 polish. Wondering if you mean polish from 3M.

Anyway have heard starbrite is good. Its expensive but if it last a year then pays for itself easily. I am very tempted to give it a try as such a big job polishing the Motorhome.

My main thoughts just now are what to do with my oxidised gel coat on roof slowly eroding away from constantly getting the sun. Thinking of some sort of paint to put on it or vinyl film but as far as I have got. Really just want to protect it from further oxidation and water pooling damage. The biggest issue though are the rooks around here which love to land on my roof and peck away at any silicon rubber sealing. Pain in the neck. Have had some success with pictures of birds of prey in the skylight window. Works to a point until they get brave. Then I store in a different place for a few weeks to break the morning habit of the birds and bring it back. Works for a few more weeks and then down come the birds again.

I can easily replace the silicon rubber but the scratches on the gel coat are awful, not to mention the disgusting poo they leave as they take off.

Talking of the darn rooks, been a bit quiet the last week, maybe they have migrated now for the winter.

M3 - did you mean Mequiars step3 polish? I know, I am being very slow tonight.

brambles to restore your oxidised panels get some Mequiars oxidation remover, its what I use on my Rejuvenation valets. I use a rotary polisher but if your not happy with using one you can get some cracking results using elbow grease. Just be prepared for a long job, it takes me a very long day to complete a van so I don't offer the rejuvenation valet in the winter months as there is not enough daylight hours.

If I remove the oxidation I wil have no roof left. LOL.

I will test a bit next time weather is dry. Ideally what I would like to do is get some form of coating on the roof which will protect the fibreglass but can be peeled off. Was wondering about Plasti-dip as a temporary coating over winter or indeed longer. Then it can be peeled off. Or indeed vehicle wrap vinyl.

My side panels are all fine and like new..well not new as slightly dulled but certainly still very glossy and come up with waxing like new.

peter lambert - 2014-10-28 5:03 PM

Autoglym Super Resin Polish works very well. Wash with their Bodywork Shampoo too.

Just don't forget to wax afterwards, some say its not needed with SRP but it stands to reason that if you have cut a new surface (which SRP does) then you need to wax

Archived