Peugeot Boxer 2.2HDi cambelt

stevec

If it does - then yes about 3 years ago!

Around £250 with the tensioner

Water pump - probably advisable

Do some homework (lol) This forum less likely to give you a definative answer than other sites............... although searching previous posts might give you some insight.

The 2.2 litre is chain drive, the 2.3 litre is belt drive; so if it is indeed a 2.2 litre engine then you have no need to be concerned.

The 2.2 litre is more-or-less the same as the front wheel drive Ford Transit engine of the same capacity.

The 2.3 litre is the FIAT belt drive unit.

This is a 2006 old version (X244) chassis (I did say it was a 56 plate). Does that make a difference. Everyone I spoke to about getting a quote didn't say it was chain drive. And there are loads of cambelt kits for a 2.2HDi engine on ebay. I don't have the handbooks so can't get an engine type.

Just phoned Peugeot with the VIN number. It is a cambelt. And just to complete the information they charge £160.40 for a kit including the water pump. I've had two quotes to change from MH places (one a dealer). £445 (dealer- including water pump) and £450 (independant garage not including pump....they want another £175 for that!). I know which of the two I would use. Looking elsewhere. Will consult my local motorhome friend and see who he uses.

Archived