Hose connectors

Hawcara

Can't think where I saw the article but, someone mentioned that they had been on sites where the hose connector for the water was a male to male that fitted to ones female connector. Thus should I buy a male to male hoselock connector just in case?

This is first time abroad with motorhome, had a caravan before and this did not apply.

Thank you :-D

I've never yet come across a connector on the tap that was female,,,,,,,but maybe I've just been lucky.

Like I guess most others, I carry a motley collection of connectors......but most of the time I only have to use the female "click on" one that is permanently attached to my length of freshwater hosepipe, or the rubber compression style one with the jubilee clip on to tighten it, which fits onto the metal mouthed male ends of many outdoor taps.

I wouldn't worry too much about whether you've got all 480(?) different types of tap/hose connector.....if you ever do come across one that is new to you, someone else close by will lend you a connector; and all big stores all over Europe have dozens of sets of hosepipe connectors, so you can buy locally if you need to.

In the end, you can always get some water through your hose to your tank just by holding its end tight against the mouth of any tap.....you'll get a bit damp in the process of course!

Hawcara - 2011-08-04 9:03 AM

Can't think where I saw the article but, someone mentioned that they had been on sites where the hose connector for the water was a male to male that fitted to ones female connector. Thus should I buy a male to male hoselock connector just in case?

This is first time abroad with motorhome, had a caravan before and this did not apply.

Thank you :-D

See the following earlier thread:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=24398&posts=8

(I've yet to encounter this type of water outlet in France, but I've now added a male-to-male Hoselock fitting to my big bag of tap-connectors just in case.)

Archived