dishwasher

george1954

i have a miele dishwasher G665sc, about 16 years old, it developed a fault while on the drying mode,i had a fault with the door when it was under warranty, the repair man said the only problem i would have is the problem i have now, my wife says we should buy a new one, i have phoned a couple of repair men one wanted a big callout fee the other 2 never got back to me, is this part in the door and can i order it , i know a good electrician, any advice would be appreciated. regards george1954.

Guest peter

There's one on E.Bay at the moment. Currently £0.49 But you need to be quick it's got 22 Hrs to go.

Here's the link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Miele-G665-SC-Dishwasher-Good-Used-Condition-Fully-Working-/171291095372

Here's another at £19.00 with nearly 3 days to go. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Miele-Dishwasher-G665-SC-/231198658934?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Kitchen_Dishwashers_PP&hash=item35d4839176

Cheaper than repairing yours.

I have just replaced my washing m/c, after 13 years. Wish I had the old one fixed. The new one is same make as before, but not a patch on the old one as it only fills wirh cold water(the lastest green saving?), the other was hot/cold, and as I always have hot water in the tank, it must be costing more , now I have to heat from cold, and it takes twice as long to wash. Progress?? I don't think so!

So I would repair the old dishwasher if possible. My dishwasher also 13 years old , gets such little use , as only use when we have guests, would not bother to buy another one again. I don't mind washing up by hand, quiet theraputic ?

PJay

A cold fill only washing machine is more cost efficient that a hot/cold fill one using the water you've got in your boiler because it only heats up the exact amount of water needed and you don't draw water out of your tank for it to sit in the pipes and go cold. Yes they do take longer but that's pretty obvious really as they've got to heat the water up! *-) For us especially a cold fill only one is best as we have a very long run from our boiler to the washing machine so in effect waste a lot of water in the piping, this is the same reason why we bought an independent electric boiler to use for washing up water ... we might get it plumbed in sometime now the conservatory and kitchen revamp are finally finished!!!! Instead of putting it under the sink we'll be putting it in the attic immediately above to get the necessary pipe run between it and the sink tap which also means that it won't take up cupboard space.

As for a dishwasher - never had one, don't want one! As there's only the two of us normally we do it every day and I find that it is a very good way to warm up on a cold day! :D

Guest pelmetman

My dishwasher had been getting temperamental for ages :-S................

I changed her Marigolds but that didn't seem to help *-).....................

So I gave up, and bought a mechanical one :D..............

David Dwight - 2014-04-12 8:40 PM

We have just ordered a new washing Machine, Green energy no way, why fill with cold water to have to heat it up, when you already have a tank of hot water. Takes much longer to wash, so it must use more energy.

This has reminded me of an embarrassing episode. My wife and I both used to run the hot water tap in the kitchen until it ran hot, before turning on the washing machine. When it broke down, I took it out and realised it was cold fill only.

The embarrassing bit is, it was me who originally installed it. :$

CG is pressing to replace our dishwasher, a Bendix, which is only 10 years old and still washes up perfectly. There is a slight problem, in that the snapon plastic hub thingies for the wheels on the lower tray tray have disintegrated so you have to carefully position them when you load it or it stops the spinner from turning, and the knob to set the programme has also disintegrated so I have to turn it with a pair of pliers each time we use it, but I have marked it with a felt tip pen to show the position, so it works fine. I even undertook to be responsible for turning it on every time, but she is just being unreasonable and refuses to give way. To be fair she wasn't always so unreasonable, but since we got married in 1973 it's been prettywell all downhill

AGD.

That is just not good enough George. If you post on here some will expect rapt attention on your part until they say you can go.

Consider yourself well and truly castigated which they say is as painful as broken bones and stitches (or maybe that should castrated? B-) )

Anyway - get better soon - and do not take anything anyone says on here too seriously

Get a new dishwasher machine. It will use less water and less power than your old one. The old one will have to be taken away but sometimes are dismantled for spare parts so another environmental win. Failing doors is a common problem on dishwashers that have the electrics in the door itself.

Washing up by hand is fine if you have the inclination but can become a little strained when those washing up are not on speaking terms.

I was once told that the most efficient way of storing pots and pans is to have two dishwashers. One you fill with dirty pots and pans and the other stores those that you have washed. It only uses two cupboard spaces and reduces the number of pots and pans you need. Committed cooks may not agree with the last point.

Archived